garden furniture!

Guest bethandneil

Guest bethandneil

:?

does anybody out there know about the quarantine laws are like for shipping items across to oz? we have a lovely garden bench with our names engraved in it, it was a wedding present and we would like to ship it with some other stuff, however i read somewhere that the ozzy quarantine laws are very stringent and that any wooden furniture could be destroyed if they feel there may be arisk of infestation. (it doesnt appear to have).

anybody know anything it would be much appreciated.

Beth.

Guest ABCDiamond

I don't know full exact details, but I think it depends on the type of wood.

Many people bring wood furniture over. Many bed bases, settees etc are all wood based, and have no problems.

They do check wood carvings very carefully, as many of these are UNTREATED wood.

My guess is that most treated wood will be OK.

Your removal company should be able to advise, but if in doubt look up daff.gov.au where you would find a contact email address.

Guest BrerRabbit

Hi - we shipped loads of wood furniture aross and no problem with any of it - you're not suppsed to bring wicker items but we had a wicker laundry basket that he removal firm just wrapped and called a laundry basket - no problem. We had one items stopped at quarantine/customs - the lawn mower (it was covered in grass! - no time to clean it up) - we either had to pay for it's destruciton :shock: or for it to be cleaned - both ways cost money so there's no escape - cleaning was only a fraction dearer than destruciton so we had it cleaned - being delivered to us tomorrow. :?

Guest bethandneil

thanyou so much

that has definately helped, we will send our much loved bench across!! how sad does that sound?

Beth.

Archived