New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a good news everyone that DIAC has started processing 886 application. But the bad news is they have refused my application. I have applied back in 2009 as graphic pre press tradesperson with qualifications of Diploma in accounting and Certificate 3 in graphic pre press. The DIAC has stated that they couldnt findt them relevant with each other. Even though we know thousands of us have granted visa with diploma of accounting with certificante courses in cookery, Hairdressing and etc. Does anyone have any knowledge on this matter or suggestion for me?

thanks in advance

Hope what you heard is true... been waiting so long, feel like a fossil now :dull:

:dull:

Oh My God. So we still have a 176 FS 2007 waiting. This is putting my hopes down. Sorry sir for your such a long wait but last I heard was that they wanted to process all 2007 applications.

Hi guys

i just got case officer today, how long have i been waiting god!

They also asked if i already got spouse or baby during on waitting period, need to prove document, such great

886 applied 31/12/2009

thank you

Agreed. I have no idea why a general thread on Category 5 has continued on for so long. I started a separate one just for 176 Family Sponsored Offshore. Why? Because all Category 5 subclasses are not the same yet people keep talking about Category 5 as though all subclasses are the same. So news that 886 applications are getting allocated is great for those in that subclass but the relevance to other subclasses does not register. Let me know if I am wrong.

:dull:

Oh My God. So we still have a 176 FS 2007 waiting. This is putting my hopes down. Sorry sir for your such a long wait but last I heard was that they wanted to process all 2007 applications.

There is no official statement that 886 is being allocated at this stage, I've called up DIBP and been advised that there is no timeframe when 886 will be allocated. I reckon they are only processing some 886 applications

I do not understand why you haven't gotten a CO till now.you should've been processed by now. Anyways best of luck and have just a bit more patience

Archived