Welding in WA

Heathfamily

Hi, we have a 176 visa with my wifes job as a mental health nurse and she has a job offer. I have about 20 years experence in welding and fabrication but no formal qualifications or certificates. I have seen a few jobs for welders online and the pay looks good. In the UK I would apply for the job, do a weld test/ interview and then hopefully get offered the position. Do companys/factorys in Australia do this or do I need certain certificates or permits to work. I havent looked into this much as we have been focused on my wife as she was the main visa applicant.

Guest guest37336
Hi, we have a 176 visa with my wifes job as a mental health nurse and she has a job offer. I have about 20 years experence in welding and fabrication but no formal qualifications or certificates. I have seen a few jobs for welders online and the pay looks good. In the UK I would apply for the job, do a weld test/ interview and then hopefully get offered the position. Do companys/factorys in Australia do this or do I need certain certificates or permits to work. I havent looked into this much as we have been focused on my wife as she was the main visa applicant.

Hi Heaths.

Though I can't answer your questions directly there is a member on here called 'Tonyman', he is a first class welder in Perth, I'm sure he will be along soon to answer your questions, as will many others, or maybe you could send him a PM directly.

Many thanks.

Tony.:wink:

Archived