Fiance Visa's

Guest Babs26

Guest Babs26

:D Hi!

Firstly I just wanna say good luck to everyone using this site -especially when I look out the window of my dullard open plan office in the middle of Leeds on July 25th and it's grey and overcast! What's that all about?!

Anyway, I travelled Oz for a year on a working holiday visa and ended up falling for a sheep shearer in a little town where I worked as a barmaid. I got back in December 04 and we've kept in touch with phonecalls but we're both Pay As You Go so there's no record we've ever called each other. I've been looking at various web sites and reading up on Fiance Visa's as we are planning on getting engaged when I return to Oz at the end of Sept for a 3 week holiday but everything I read says you have to have joint bank accounts, have lived together for 12 months, and have boxes and boxes of letters and stuff to PROVE that you're in love...is there any hope for us...? Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Is there anything I can start doing now to help me in the future -besides us both getting contract phones?! Do you think we should open a joint bank account when i go back for this holiday? Help please?!

Hi babs and welcome.

If you can you could try the points route and try it independently or else maybe using evidence of you travel back and fourth might work if your bloke can offeran assurance of supporting you??? :idea: .

Sorry if its not very helpful!

Tim

Guest Babs26

Thanks Tim,

I have got in touch with GoMatilda so hopefully they might be able to help me - I have looked at the points route but unfortunately as my job is admin based and not listed on the government wesbite I'm out of luck. it's OK, I'm sure I'll work something out...

Guest corrie

Hi,

If you have proof of meeting her in the first place ie your plane tickets, boarding passes, any photos, or admission tickets anywhere, that stuff holds weight...

When you go back again keep boarding passes, go places where you need to use your names or credit cards so that you have receipts with your names on...

And definitely get a contract phone, send eachother postcards, as they have proof of date and senders... Umm thats all I can think of right now...

Good luck, me and my fiancee are going through the same thing at the moment...

love and light...

Guest Babs26

:D Thanks Corrie that's really helpful - I will start gathering stuff together and get a contract phone ASAP!

Hope you and your girlfriend get to be together soon!

Babs x

Guest corrie

Im a girl... And already living with my fiancee in London, we are trying to go back to Australia... :)

love and light...

Hi

I am due to come to Australia in October. I hopefully already have a job and they are going to sponsor me on a 4 year working visa. My employers say that my girlfriend can come over and work on this, but we too have to prove that we have lived together for a year.

That will be easy, but my girlfriend is a bit unsure as to whether she really is able to work on my visa.

can anyone help?

Archived