Can my Husband sponsor his Sister and BIL?

Guest paulacox

Guest paulacox

Hi All,

My BIL & SIL are looking into moving to the Gold Coast, he is a painter, they have looked in to work sponsorship, but as they are both over 45 (46 this year), they are to old, we have only been here 18 months (on a perm visa 175) and they have been told by a migration Agent that my husband can sponsor them, but I though we could not as we have not been here that long.

Thanks

Paula

:hug:

As it stands they are both too old, after 1st July the age limit goes up to 50 but unless they have a PhD they would struggle to get the points.

Family sponsor is also gone 1st July, I think their only option is either employer sponsored ENS or a risk a temporary regional 475 or sponsorship 457 and maybe not be eligible for PR at the end.

Hi All,

My BIL & SIL are looking into moving to the Gold Coast, he is a painter, they have looked in to work sponsorship, but as they are both over 45 (46 this year), they are to old, we have only been here 18 months (on a perm visa 175) and they have been told by a migration Agent that my husband can sponsor them, but I though we could not as we have not been here that long.

Thanks

Paula

:hug:

They're not too old for an employer sponsored visa. Because the age limit on points tested GSM visas will rise to 49 from 1 July, it's quite likely that the age limit will also rise for employer sponsored visa at that time though no announcement on that subject has been made that I know of. Even if it doesn't officially rise though, age exemptions are already possible for employer sponsored visas. See the following:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/ens/exemptions.htm

The Gold Coast is not a regional area on any list and from 1 July, points are only available for family sponsorship if the relative lives in a regional area so that's not an option for your family members. In any case, at their age with no age points available, they would have virtually no chance of passing the points test even if family sponsorship points were available. Until 1 July, family sponsorship is only available up to age 45 so I don't know what the agent was talking about. I think you should be looking at a consultation with one of the agents recommended on PIO by dozens of people if you want accurate information.

Archived