So many thoughts...

Cables

Me, Hubby, Son (5) and Daughter (2) are in the first stage of immigration, just done Skills Assessment and everything on hold now until July 1st when new points come in.

But while we are waiting, so many questions are popping into my head! Will we sell our UK house, will which SA suburb will we move to and rent, will I find a part time job so I can take kids to new school to help settle them in, will hubby find work... arrggghhh, so many things going round in my head!

I dont know where to start in regards of finding a nice family suburb in SA... can anyone suggest where i start to look? Thanks! x x :confused:

Me, Hubby, Son (5) and Daughter (2) are in the first stage of immigration, just done Skills Assessment and everything on hold now until July 1st when new points come in.

But while we are waiting, so many questions are popping into my head! Will we sell our UK house, will which SA suburb will we move to and rent, will I find a part time job so I can take kids to new school to help settle them in, will hubby find work... arrggghhh, so many things going round in my head!

I dont know where to start in regards of finding a nice family suburb in SA... can anyone suggest where i start to look? Thanks! x x :confused:

Hiya

Sorry, I can't help with suburbs but thought I'd say hello and reassure you that you are not alone in your worries!! We have actually got the visa and still don't know any of these things!!! Arggghhh! I'm sure it will all become clearer when we get out there! - I can hope anyway! :biggrin:

Ah congratulations on your VISA, that's fantastic, you must be on cloud 9! We're only in the very early stages but have so many mixed emotions, excited, nervous, hopeful! I think my biggest worry is a good suburb with good schools for children.

Not sure if you will know, but in regards to enrolling the children in school, is there only certain months that kids can enrol... or can they just like join the class when we get there? Do you know of any websites I can look into? Thanks so much!

Ah congratulations on your VISA, that's fantastic, you must be on cloud 9! We're only in the very early stages but have so many mixed emotions, excited, nervous, hopeful! I think my biggest worry is a good suburb with good schools for children.

Not sure if you will know, but in regards to enrolling the children in school, is there only certain months that kids can enrol... or can they just like join the class when we get there? Do you know of any websites I can look into? Thanks so much!

Hiya - thanks! Very excited and having moments of OMG! inbetween! :shocked:

I think they can enrol anytime but all states have different rules - have you looked at this.... http://www.decs.sa.gov.au/ ??? Might be worth a go! I looked at the equivalent for QLD. I'm hoping they can just join when you arrive :biggrin:

Good luck!

Guest siamsusie

Hi Cables,

I am enclosing our sister site...http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/ there is always somewhere there to give you a helping hand. The very nice Mr Tyke is a fountain of knowledge.:wubclub:

Good luck with your migration plans.

Susie

Archived