Moving to Traralgon

Jaime Mack

Hi

I am moving to Traralgon with my aussie wife and baby and just wondered if there are any other pommies in that neck of the woods.

cheers

Jaime

We have a couple in our unit at the moment that get keys to their rental next week in Traralgon, and will be moving into the property in about 2 weeks.

If you PM me your email address, I'll pass it on.

Paul.

• 2 months later...

Hi Jaime,

I've been in Gippsland for 4 years (up in Erica and then Tyers) and have just moved to Traralgon a couple of months ago... A friend of mine is moving to Melbourne and joined this group which I never knew about, so I thought I'd have a look to see if there were any other English peeps down this way, and there you are!

Whereabouts are you living? Are you enjoying it? I'm here with my aussie husband and a baby on the way! :)

Rachel

• 5 months later...
Hi Jaime,

I've been in Gippsland for 4 years (up in Erica and then Tyers) and have just moved to Traralgon a couple of months ago... A friend of mine is moving to Melbourne and joined this group which I never knew about, so I thought I'd have a look to see if there were any other English peeps down this way, and there you are!

Whereabouts are you living? Are you enjoying it? I'm here with my aussie husband and a baby on the way! :)

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

What a small world.... I never thought I'd be reading a post mentioning Tyers on here. That's where I grew up for all of my childhood! I'm moving back there in May with my two girls to stay with my mum before my husband follows a couple of months later. We'll stay there until he finds work and we settle somewhere in Oz, who knows where yet, depends on work.

So how is Traralgon for young children? Desperately hoping theres some groups etc that will keep me and the youngest busy. My girls will be nearly 4 & 6.

AC

Hi AC,

Nice to meet you! Please feel fee to get in contact when you get here, always nice to meet friendly faces :) My email is rachel.clark@me.com.

My baby is due in April so I'm afraid I'm not sure yet what Traralgon is like for young children, hopefully good!

Are you Australian then and your husband is English?

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

I would love to catch up. The girls and I are over in May. We could always meet in the Plaza or a coffee shop (seems crazy talking to someone who knows where I'm talking about!). How exciting that your having your first child, it's a truly amazing experience. My two can drive me completely balmy some days, although I love them to bits!

A friend had a baby a couple of months ago, the local hospital seem really good. I've certainly not heard any complaints from friends over the years.

Yes, I'm Australian. Grew up in Tyers before meeting my British husband. We lived together in WA before moving here 10yrs ago. How are you finding living in T'gon?

AC

Archived