State Sponsorship Help Please...

Northern

Evening all,

Please can i have some advice.....

I wanted to apply for WA state sponsorship as a Building Assoiciate 312112.

I sent my vetassess to melbourne and was recieved 18 feb 2011. I'm still awaiting the results of this and didn't think it would take nearly 17 weeks for results.

In the meantime i have completed my IELTS and averaged an overall of 8 (lowest single mark 7.5)

I knew that i would have to probably wait till July 11 to apply for state sponsorship, then lodge with DIAC due to timescales. However now the new SOL doesn't have my trade, even though it has not been removed or added so have i just wasted my time and money.

2 Questions really...

Can i still apply for state sponshirship in July under Building Associate even though not on SOL but it is on the WA state migration plan?

Also if i could apply under the new points test which you require 65 can i still get 10 points for working 5 out of 7 years in my occupation? I ask this as an earlier note on 11th Nov 10 by immigration minister stated that these points could only be achieved if you occupation was a 60 point occupation... WA give mine as as 40 point occupation. So i wouldn't pass??

I would get these points

Age... 30

IELTS...10

Overseas Degree... 15

State Sponshireship... 5

Overseas Employment (If i was allowed)... 10

TOTAL = 70 but i need the employement part.

I know it a long brief, but any advice would be very much apprieciated.

I'm so worried i may be stuck in England, it not the country for me anymore.

Thanks

G

Guest onwordbound

Northern,

My friend was in a similar posistion to with Vetassess but he kept chasing them and has now recieved his results.

As to you brief.....

Think you really need the help of an agent with the knowledge, if you could afford that? i have been looking and can see you may encounter problems. Pity they changing things in july.

Best of luck and keep us informed as to your progress.

Im sure the guys on here will throw in some advice.

Roger:wink::wink:

This is what it says on the new SOL below, therefore if you can still get state sponsorship it looks like you can still apply. The points for certain occupations is scrapped so as long as you can prove your 5 years experience you should still get the points. Hopefully after 1st July when the DIAC website is updated the visa wizard will help you out to clarify things.

Visa applications that will be affected by the updated SOL

The updated SOL will apply to all new independent or unsponsored skilled migration applications lodged on or after 1 July 2011 unless they are from applicants eligible for transitional arrangements.

Archived