HELP!!!!!!!

mrsdanielcraig

Hi guys!

I am sorry if I have posted in wrong forum, but I am looking for some advice!

I am a registered nurse in the UK, and need advice on how to start the ball rolling for a change of life in Oz!

I didnt really want to go through a nurse agency, but I am unaware of how else to to do it!!!

Has anybody else just 'done it' on their own?

Any advice of who I contact first, would be much appreciated.

I am 39, marrried, with a 13 year old son.

Many thanks in anticipation,

Adele :notworthy:

Hi guys!

I am sorry if I have posted in wrong forum, but I am looking for some advice!

I am a registered nurse in the UK, and need advice on how to start the ball rolling for a change of life in Oz!

I didnt really want to go through a nurse agency, but I am unaware of how else to to do it!!!

Has anybody else just 'done it' on their own?

Any advice of who I contact first, would be much appreciated.

I am 39, marrried, with a 13 year old son.

Many thanks in anticipation,

Adele :notworthy:

Hi there and welcome to poms in oz!

Yet another wishing to escape the cold British weather and the grind of working for the NHS!

I'm not going through an agency for moving to Oz. If you do your research, you can easily sort everything yourself and avoid wasting ££££! Plus there are loads of people on this forum willing to help who have already been through the process!

To start off, you need to think about your own individual circumstances and what your plans are. This will determine which visa is most appropriate for you and your family. If you visit the department of immigration and citizenship (DIAC) website, there is a visa wizard tool in which you can put your details in and it will suggest the most appropriate visa for you.

Common visa's for moving to oz:

*Working Holiday Visa (lasts a year)

*457 subclass visa (lasts 4years I think, and your australian employer will sponsor you for this visa).

*175 skilled migrant visa (grants permanent residency in australia)

*176 sponsored skilled migrant visa (grants permanent residency in australia, and you can be sponsored by an eligable relative who is a PR or citizen of australia, or an australian state can sponsor you).

As I say, which visa you go for will depend on what's best for you and there is plenty of info on the DIAC website.

If you choose to go for the 175 or 176 skilled migrant visa, then you will need your nursing skills assessed as this is what the visa is based on. For this you apply to the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC). Again, lots of info on the ANMAC website.

Furthermore, in order to practice as a nurse in australia, you need to apply for nursing registration as you do in this country. This is through the AHPRA, and again they have a website.

There are also other threads on this forum with specific info on nurses immigrating and nursing registration. Click on "living and working in australia" then "jobs and careers" and those threads will be at the top of page.

It is a long and expensive journey which ever way you choose to do it, so save your money, do your research and don't bother with an agent!

It's taken me months to get my head around all the information!

If I can be of any more help then don't hesitate to ask!:cute:

Hi adele,

Any idea what sort of visa you are looking to get? I can advise with what you will need to do for a 175 permanent residency visa:

Sit IELTS exam (academic version) gain at least 7 in all sections but aim for 8's or 9's as the new point system comes into effect in July.

Then apply for skills assessment with the ANMAC

Then apply for 175 visa with DIAC.

If you are looking at state sponsorship or a temporary visa there will be plenty of members who can advise you on this.

Kind regards

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx guys, and sorry for the late reply!

So basically, the very first thing I need to do is apply to ANMAC, and then AHPRA? Its just knowing where to start!

I am considering applying for an agency (nurse agency) for work, is this a good idea or would you avoid?

Many many thanx for all your advice!

Adele x

Archived