Count Down!

Guest stuart1

Guest stuart1

Hi folks, new to this forum. Myself, and my partner Heather are waiting for my 457 to be granted, and will hopefuly be landing in Perth with our baby boy Alex in July/August. Can anyone give us any advice? We are 110% sure this is the right thing to do, and just want someone to back this up. Thanks, Stuart.

Guest mazkinmond5

Hi stuart, we are alos making the BIG move to Melbourne this Oct, I know we have made the right decision for our two boys. Talking to a friend of mine who moved from Scotland to Melbourne last year she said its the best move they could have made for their children. She says its a breath of fresh air that you can leave stuff outside your house and be sure that it wont be stolen as soon as you turn your back!! and the kids really respect their school and surroundings, obviously like every place there are risks involved, and everywhere has good parts and bad parts. Plus anyone I know that has ever been to Oz never have a bad word to say.

Good luck with your new path.

Maz

Guest Unha99Y

Good luck with your move but to be honest "you can leave stuff outside your house and be sure it won't be stolen" is a tad romantic and wishful thinking, good look all the same

Hi Stuart

Good luck with your journey, we have a few familys on here who live in Perth so im sure you will pick up the help and tips you may need.

Maz,, Totally agree with you about it being a breath of fresh air over here,, its great to leave things outside or be able to leave a door unlocked, but of course only if you choose your areas carefully, some suburbs do have a high burglary rate , but nothing more than you are probably used to,lol.

The aussies are a friendly bunch and do make you feel welcome ,so dont be afraid to put yourself 'out there' once your here. I found making friends via the kids at school quite easy and a couple of the mums i first met are now my ''stand in family' if i need help or advice.

Cal x

Archived