Does anyone know about childminders

Guest scaredubs

Guest scaredubs

I was just wondering do they even have childminders in OZ ? I'm a qualified nursery nurse and registered childminder I would prefer to childmind when I finally get there but thought I'd start asking questions know . Cheers Sarah:jiggy:

Hi im trying to find childcare for my daughter before i get to oz, there are loads of positions available for people with child care qualifications, whether its in a nursery (long day care) or childminding in your own home (family day care) and many companies looking for nannies/baby sitters/ su pairs etc.Not coming to perth are you??!!

Guest scaredubs

I am looking into Perth but haven't started application yet . Taliked to one company they told me didn't stand a chance of getting a skilled visa .Not going to let that stop me though. Where can I find info on positions out there I might look into getting sponsored.Cheers for the reply Suzie hopefully speak soon.

Sarah.

Hi sarah, not sure where to look for sponsorship, but lots of work once your there as i keep coming across lots of vacancies for jobs in childcare in oz, lots of private nannying work if you look on australias gumtree jobs section.Child care manager is worth 60 points on the skills list for oz so maybe nursery nurse would stand a good chance of sponsorship too? Ill let you know if i come across anyone one who sponsors!

Hi Sarah

you should try looking on the seek webite SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site they have hundreds of jobs all across Oz, i you type int he search box Sponsorship it will show jobs that are prepared to sponsor international candidates. Other wise you could just email any vacancies you fancy to see if they would sponsor you.

Good luck.

Hi Sarah, are you looking to go on your skills?

you will find it very difficult unless you also have some management experience, the only childcare on the modl is childcare coordinator which is actually equivilant to a nursery manager except it is'nt because you need experience with older children as well.

The Australian childcare centres cater for children from a few months old up and school age children.

I have had my skills passed by TRA but it was not easy, lucky for me I was a childminder for a number of years which met some of the criteria and my present job met the more management criteria.

I was told by a TRA assessor that childcare coordinator was one of the hardest to pass

I know someone else who passed the skills test by doing a childcare degree, she worked her little socks off for 3yr to get her degree, she is now the director (manager) of a childcare centre in Oz.

happy to talk more in PM

unfortunatly due to my computer having a complete breakdown (don't forget to BACK UP BACK UP) I lost most of my stuff off my computer but I will help if I can

the good news is - there are lots of childcare jobs over there in all states so work should not be a problem, although you do also need to get your qualifications approved by the childcare council (must get on and do that)

hope this is useful

:wubclub:

Archived