how long is it taking you?

Guest rrwilky

Guest rrwilky

Hi

we are secondary school teacher and electrician and are curious as to how long its taking people from starting the process i.e IELTS test to getting the visa rubber stamped? it all seams like its so different for different occupations, we are applying for a 175 visa.

Guest tandcmum

Im a nurse and on a 457 visa i could be over in approx 4-6 months, if i come over on a employer sponsored PR visa i reckon it will take 12 monthsish

175 visas do take longer but again it seems to depend on occupations

It took me about 6 months to get registration with my professional body in Australia (Speech Pathology Australia). This really varies according to profession, I'm not sure how long it takes for teachers and electricians.

Following this, it took us about 6 weeks to gather all other various necessary documents for our 175 visa application (including IELTS and certified copies of various certificates).

Once we'd actually submitted our 175 visa online, it took 7 and a half months to process. (They asked for our medicals and police checks about 5 months after we submitted, saying we'll be assigned a case officer within the next 3 months. Our visa was unexpectedly emailed to us shortly after our medicals by our case officer, which was our first contact with him).

Guest flamboyant

Hey there,

I have been waiting for the past 23 months and now my CO asked for PCC and Medicals. Which is supposed to be the last step towards granting 175. My occupation is Accountant and I am from a HR country.

However, I have noticed that things move realy fast if you are from a low risk Country.

Cheers and All the Best

Flamboyant!

In Feb 08 we hired an agent. We first applied for a 175 then changed to a SS 176 in Nov09. We were hit with all the changes so had a long wait. We did our Medicals on 4 March 2011 and we are still waiting for our visa. MY son Med has been referred so waiting on it being cleared (he is small for his age but perfectly healthy)!!!!!!!!!!!! So as you can see time has ticked away so slowly for us but others have got there visa in record time so i guess its just a wait and see game. lol Good luck with yours.