Help! need advise please - work experience/nominated occupation

Guest glends

Guest glends

Hi All,

Help please!

We had our CO last week, we were very happy that finally our application is already on process. Our CO gave us a list of additional requirements such as evidence of relationship, evidence of work experience, etc, My OH is the main applicant but he’s claiming partner points from me. Thus, I need to meet the basic requirements as well.

I had a positive skills assessment for my nominated occupation. However, my work experience is not the same title position with my nominated occupation although the scope of work and responsibilities are almost the same with my nominated occupation.

I already requested the certificate of employment from my previous employer and requested to them to indicate that my job duties and responsibilities are equivalent to my nominated occupation. Do you think DIAC will accept? We are really worried about this. I’ve read from some that DIAC is not really into the title position but more on the duties and responsibilities, is this true?

Hope someone can enlighten me with this. Thank you.

Guest glends
think your right there as the requirement also says a job closely related to, so try not to worry i'm sure you will be ok

Thanks, Bensdad! The process is making me and my husband really stressed! Our CO have not yet advised us to take medicals and clearances, but on the online status, it's indicated "requested", now we don't know if we are to proceed or not with the medicals/clearance! Maybe the CO wanted to get all the other documents first before he request the two! So much things to be done!

Anyway, I'm really really hoping and praying that it will be soon okay and that we'll get our visa! :cute:

Archived