shipping

Guest kdli

Guest kdli

hi,

we are just about to book our shipping, we have had 4 quotes ranging from £4500 - £4800 for a 20ft container sole use from portsmouth to canberra,

has any one used excess international movers as these have been the most genuine

thanks for any help

Guest sharon and gaz

Hi I paid £4000 for 835 cubic feet from glasgow to melbourne with doree bonner we are due to arrive in melbourne on 23rd june same day as our belongings!! but still have quarantine duties to pay which is another 450 dollars.

sharon

We had Crown in on Tuesday & Wednesday for a sole use 20 footer at a cost of £4,609 from Scotland to Brisbane (this included all customs fees :)). 31 days until we fly, to survive with a very bare house!!

We also had quotes from Anglo Pacific, Dorree Bonner, Pickfords & PSS and all quotes were within about £500 for the basic trip to Brisbane.

We got a secondary quote for Hervey Bay and some of the others were hugely expensive compared to Crown, hence the main reason we chose them.

Hi lyndalelode

Where in Scotland you moving from? How did you find dealing with Crown and the removal guys?? We had them in a few weeks ago with our stuff taking up 800cuft on a shared container for £3600 after a bit of haggling got them down a bit from original quote and I knew she had initially given me a good quote compared to others!

We don't fly out until 28th June and thought it best to get our stuff off a bit earlier as we knew we could survive here better without most luxuries by calling on friends and family, which has actually not been too bad apart from the 2 single mattresses we have one is rock solid and other is very soft, so we cant wait to have our lovely bed back!! Deck chairs in living room are ok for watching borrowed tv for a little while not all night!! We do find we are getting very bored some nights just because we have no furniture, especially if weather is horrible! Whicj it mostly is just now!! We kind of feel everything done now furniture away just need to sell house, nothing major!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with everything!

fraser355

Hi Fraser355,

We're in Hawick.

Found the Crown guys great; very efficient, good crack, came in and got a good job done, although I suppose the proof will be when the boxes are opened at the other end :)

Similar to you, we fly to Brissie on 4 July and figured it would easier without home comforts here rather than in a strange new place. So we've got an inflatable bed for the kids to share, a kiddie fold out chair/bed thing for me and a crappy 1 1/2 'sofa' bed for the missus (no way am I squeezing on there!). All good fun tho :)

I haven't got time to be bored tbh, I'm supposed to be studying Oz tax law for an exam in a few weeks as well as handing over business clients, trying to sell the house and endless leaving do's/40th birthday parties, etc. It's all go!! :)

Where about are you and how did you find the Crown guys?

Good luck to you as well,

Mike

Hi Mike

We're in Bathgate and heading to Sydney, Northern Beaches area for the first year or so and see how we get on there and maybe head somewhere else as work allows me to choose office to work from so pretty lucky that way.

Crown guys were the same turned up early both days, worked very efficiently and done a good job and had a good laugh with them, my wife supplied one of them with endless cakes which kept him very happy, been scared to talk about the experience so far not to jinx it in the hope its ok the other end as well, too late now!!

If Crown are as half as good at the other end then I cant recommend them enough to anyone!

Have you sold house or still trying to, its been very quiet up our way and were selling 30k under value still nothing!!

Best regards

Fraser

Guest jubbsy

We've had quote of £4175 for 20ft and for a 40ft high cube inc car £6945. This was with Anglo Pacific. Getting another 3 quotes in next week... From North East London to Melbourne.

Archived