176 and work references

Hi all,

I currently work for a firm I've been at for 4 and half years which covers the recent (12 out of 24 months) and specific (3 out 4 years) work experience catagories within the points test.

Both ask for work references (esp. the specific one), can I submit other evidence instead as I don't wish to approach my employers and risk losing my job.

Or can I submit stat declarations as you can with TRA?

Yes you can but needs to be supplemented to the greatest degree possible by additional evidence - payslips/p60s, contracts, job descriptions, evidence of work done etc etc. Try to give the CO no doubt whatsoever as to what you do.

Yes you can but needs to be supplemented to the greatest degree possible by additional evidence - payslips/p60s, contracts, job descriptions, evidence of work done etc etc. Try to give the CO no doubt whatsoever as to what you do.

Thanks CJ. The info on DIAC website on especially specific work experience indicates a work ref is definately needed? I guess like most things it's wrongly implying that?

The recent work experience does seem to give you other options other than the work ref.

I do have my P60's for four years, recent payslips (most of them this year), contract (with my position stated), and the stat dec I did for TRA.

How would you show "work done" CJ? As in photos of my work?

For my "work done" i wrote out a lot of descriptions of different jobs that I'd done, such as industrial electrics and instrumentation, general installation work, glanding, terminating, testing, inspecting, and even wrote in detail using a drill, all the different hand tools used, the types of test gear used, and even what size fixings used to mount uni-strut.

I think you just need an in depth description of the all the work you do to prove you know what you're talking about. I've worked for a few companies and ended up writing about a dozen sides of A4 paper.

Hope this helps.

For my "work done" i wrote out a lot of descriptions of different jobs that I'd done, such as industrial electrics and instrumentation, general installation work, glanding, terminating, testing, inspecting, and even wrote in detail using a drill, all the different hand tools used, the types of test gear used, and even what size fixings used to mount uni-strut.

I think you just need an in depth description of the all the work you do to prove you know what you're talking about. I've worked for a few companies and ended up writing about a dozen sides of A4 paper.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that, seems a ref can be easily bypassed if you go to town on it yourself.

Archived