Stuartholme School

Fashionably Late

• 4 weeks later...
Guest siamsusie

Hi there,

Bumping your post for you. I do hope you receive some replies very shortly

Susie x

My girlfriend went there (she's 29 now though so a while ago).

She has nothing but good things to say about it. Certainly it provides plenty of sporting facilities and her education was good enough to get her into UQ, one of the best uni's in the country. Her parents are big on education and sent their kids to what they considered to be the best schools in the city. Having said that, I don't know much about the secondary schools here myself.

Guest PaphosB

I'm a past student (a loooong time ago now - the 1980's!), my sisters attended in the 1990's, a lot of my friends daughters attended in 2000's and now my daughters will be attending when we return home to OZ next year. I have seen it change over the years, but the one thing that is still consistent is a loyalty to the school that most students,past ones particularly, have. It has had a website overhaul just recently and it is pretty comprehensive and the is also the private school website (can't remember what it's called, sorry!) that gives all of the breakdown of how well the school and students did last year with exam results and OP levels etc., which is interesting. I loved going there and made lifelong friends that I have bumped into over the years all over the world, we have been an expat family for a while now, and when you get home again, it's like you've never left either. It is like any school in that you have those that love it and those that just love to hate it and of course gossip, which is often the most unreliable and undesirable. Take a look at the website and have a poke around! Brisbane has many wonderful schools, so it really is down to personal choice and what is best for you family in the end - good luck!!

Archived