Decision done

Guest BHOz

Guest BHOz

Hello all

after saying it many times over the 6 years me and my wife have been together we've finally decided to try and make moving to Australia a reality. Unlike some on here I can't really say it's been a lifelong dream, only mentioned in conversation as something we'd like to do sometime in the future. I guess thats changed recently for a number of reasons, mainly that my wife & I are now 32 and know that one of us will need to retrain NOW for us to have any hope of moving before we hit 40. We have 2 children, a Son who's 4 in June & a Daughter of 10 month & We'd really like to make the move while they're still young. My biggest fear is upsetting their Grandparents, particularly my own Mother, but why should we stay & raise our children in a town, & country we've become disillusioned with?

Good on you bhoz, go for it if you feel confident. It's an adventure and you may find what you are looking for. Although many people are negative there are as many who are positive and if you have the right attitude you will make it.

Hello all

after saying it many times over the 6 years me and my wife have been together we've finally decided to try and make moving to Australia a reality. Unlike some on here I can't really say it's been a lifelong dream, only mentioned in conversation as something we'd like to do sometime in the future. I guess thats changed recently for a number of reasons, mainly that my wife & I are now 32 and know that one of us will need to retrain NOW for us to have any hope of moving before we hit 40. We have 2 children, a Son who's 4 in June & a Daughter of 10 month & We'd really like to make the move while they're still young. My biggest fear is upsetting their Grandparents, particularly my own Mother, but why should we stay & raise our children in a town, & country we've become disillusioned with?

Welcome to the forum, you will find a lot of useful information here that will assist you with your journey. There are a lot of people from the UK who live in Aus and are very happy with their choice. Good luck

Guest siamsusie

A very big welcome BHOz to Poms In Oz,

I do hope you enjoy our forum.

Which state are you thinking of residing in please?

Very best wishes

Susie x

Guest tandcmum

welcome to PIO, this site is great for info on the big move down under, good on you for wanting to give it a go

Fr33zing - I notice you are new to the forums, not sure why after moving to Oz, obviously hating it, moving back and being happy why you would now join a forum dedicated to brits wanting to emigrate???????????????????

Guest The Ropey HOFF

All the best with your plans, its really tough for alot of people with the austerity measures biting and with Europe financially imploding i see it only getting worse.

Guest BHOz

Thanks for all the positive replies.

We don't know which state we're planning on residing in but we know it will be a few years down the line so there's plenty of time to decide, and I'm sure we'll get lots of help from PIO. A lot will depend on employment, although wherever we go we don't want to be too isolated and at the same time wouldn't want to be slap-bang in the centre of a major city.

Archived