Possibly moving to Perth

Pipp

Hi everyone,

My partner has just been offered an oil and gas job in Perth. We have 3 children 17, 12, 7, it's an exciting and overwhelming time!!

We have schools and university to source along with a home.

My partners job will be based at Bibra Lake so

I need to find a house close by, has anyone any thoughts please.

Also if anybody else is moving out to Perth late 2011 or to anybody that is already there it would be great to hear from you :biggrin:

Pipp xx

Hi Pip.

we're hoping to move out to Perth later this year. Lots of things to sort out. My 2 boys are 16 and 12 and I'm looking into schools. Hoping to send them to catholic schools, been recommended a couple but its hard choosing schools just going off websites etc. Do I wait until I get there?? I've been offered a job over there, but my hubby will look for work once we get out there. There's so much I need to sort out....forms to fill in....house to sell...house to find!!! Found loads of info on this website though. You're right it is overwhelming!!!

good luck in your move!!! see you out there!!!

Hi The Simpsons Family,

Thanks for replying, great to hear from another family in the same boat. I need to find a job when I get out there but OH has one already. I too want to look at schools, we are not Catholic so I guess thats out for us. May I ask what schools have been recommended to you please? I don't know where to start!

Good luck with everything and stay in touch if you have the time during our mad journeys :unsure: xx

Guest popkins

Hi Pipp

We're moving to Perth in Sept, not actually chosen the date but we're considering the end of that month, I have a 14 year old son, 15 in Nov, so I'm also in a muddle about schools as we've not fully decided which area to choose, we do know we want to be in the North, thinking about Butler as it seems to be relatively new with more growth to come, then there's employment to locate, I'm on that as I chat on hear, what a kerfuffle to be in!

Suzanne

Hi everyone,

My partner has just been offered an oil and gas job in Perth. We have 3 children 17, 12, 7, it's an exciting and overwhelming time!!

Also if anybody else is moving out to Perth late 2011 or to anybody that is already there it would be great to hear from you :biggrin:

Pipp xx

Atwell is nearby, nice area there

Hello there, me and my girlfriend are looking at moving to perth in october time, probably in scarborough area. We have a 14 month old girl. Would be good to get contacts going, more for kimberley than me as ill be away 2 weeks every 3! :biggrin:

hi all,

its good to know its not only me going through all the kerfuffle!!!

PIP, the schools i've been checking out are prendiville college (which is in ocean reef) and ocean reef high (not catholic). the ocean reef area looks good as does the surrounding areas.

Just waiting to get the nod to start my sponsor visa application then its all go!!

does anyone have any info on cost of shipping furniture etc?

keep in touch,

jo

Guest annerichard
Hi everyone,

Pipp xx

Hi Pipp,

Firstly welcome to PIO.

My o/h Richard, me (Anne), and both our children Lauren 10 and Ryan 7 are hopefully going to be going to Perth by the middle to the end of October this year. We are undecided as to what area we will settle in, we are drawn towards Fremantle, Rockingham or Ocean Reef/Bay.

It is fabulous news that your o/h has a job already, Richard is also in the gas industry and we are coming out under his trade. It would be interesting to hear how your o/h got to hear of the vacancy and how he went about applying for it.

How does you children feel about the big move? Ours are excited but also a little worried, I am sure though when we are there their worries will be all washed away.

It would be good to keep in touch, and I hope the rest of your process all goes well.

Anne, Richard, Lauren & Ryan

Hi Pipp

We're moving to Perth in Sept, not actually chosen the date but we're considering the end of that month, I have a 14 year old son, 15 in Nov, so I'm also in a muddle about schools as we've not fully decided which area to choose, we do know we want to be in the North, thinking about Butler as it seems to be relatively new with more growth to come, then there's employment to locate, I'm on that as I chat on hear, what a kerfuffle to be in!

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne, thanks for your reply.

My eldest son is 12, schools are my main concern right now and Uni for my daughter, 17. My O H has a job in Bibra Lake so I need schools and a rental property not too far away. You're right it s a kerfuffle!

Hope you find a good school, if the kds are happy it makes everything much easier.

Speak soon

Pip xx

Atwell is nearby, nice area there

Hi Legoman, thanks so much for the location tip, Atwell is where I will start my search for schools and a property. If you have anymore tips or advice I would really appreciate it.

Pip

Hello there, me and my girlfriend are looking at moving to perth in october time, probably in scarborough area. We have a 14 month old girl. Would be good to get contacts going, more for kimberley than me as ill be away 2 weeks every 3! :biggrin:

Hi Kenny, more than happy to chat and start contacts, we will all be in the lonely boat for a while when we move out :swoon:

hi all,

its good to know its not only me going through all the kerfuffle!!!

PIP, the schools i've been checking out are prendiville college (which is in ocean reef) and ocean reef high (not catholic). the ocean reef area looks good as does the surrounding areas.

Just waiting to get the nod to start my sponsor visa application then its all go!!

does anyone have any info on cost of shipping furniture etc?

keep in touch,

jo

Hi Jo, good to hear from you again. We are looking near Bibra Lake.

I will definitely stay in touch

Pip x

Pip, your children......boys or girls??? my boys are 15....he'll be 16 next month, my youngest boy is 12....13 in october!

I have 3 kids, daughter 17, and 2 sons, 12 and 7. What are your boys in to?

Hi Pipp,

Firstly welcome to PIO.

My o/h Richard, me (Anne), and both our children Lauren 10 and Ryan 7 are hopefully going to be going to Perth by the middle to the end of October this year. We are undecided as to what area we will settle in, we are drawn towards Fremantle, Rockingham or Ocean Reef/Bay.

It is fabulous news that your o/h has a job already, Richard is also in the gas industry and we are coming out under his trade. It would be interesting to hear how your o/h got to hear of the vacancy and how he went about applying for it.

How does you children feel about the big move? Ours are excited but also a

little worried, I am sure though when we are there their worries will be all washed away.

It would be good to keep in touch, and I hope the rest of your process all goes

well.

Anne, Richard, Lauren & Ryan

Hi Anne, Richard and family, many thanks for the welcome and your reply.

My o/h job is near Bibra Lake so we are looking near there and also Fremantle area. He was contacted by a company and offered a job, so I guess that's not very helpful to you.

My 3 kids are 17, 12 and 7, all nervous and excited as am I.

Be great to stay in touch, if you find out any info on schools in Fremantle area please let me know and I will do the same.

Good luck and I will stay in touch

Pip, Mark and family x

eldest is into football and xbox. really doesn't want to go to perth....wants to stay here with his mates and girlfried. but he has no choice, he will have to come with us. its costing us lots of money in bribes lol. youngest is into football and any other sport going, he's looking forward to spending all day everyday outdoors!! he can't wait to move. good luck in the school search!!

jo x