Muswellbrook X poms!!

Guest kennmikp

I dont want to put a downer on things and everyone is different but our personal experience of Muswellbrook was not a good one. I would definitely recommend to anyone considering moving there to really research the place. We were there seven months and finally moved out a few weeks ago. We tried our best but there really was incredibly little to do there; only one restaurant to speak of, no cinema or any entertainment and the pubs were all the ones that advertise 'topless barmaids' which attracts a certain group and put me off (I was gutted by this because I love walking to the pub on a Friday night for a drink). It is far away from everywhere else and because it is so heavily dependent on the mining a big chunk of the people are only there half the week while they work and then they leave to go home. We felt this meant it had no community feel. The people in the shops and our neighbours were all very nice and polite, but to be brutally honest we found it an incredibly boring place to be. All the best

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived