Terrible thought - unbearable

Guest V&G

Guest stuckinblighty
hello,

does anybody else have a mother who is constantly somewhere between crying and hysterical, friends who really want to punish you for abandoning them and a brother in law who can bearly stand to talk to you, or is that just my happy bunch!!!

I really wish we had not told anyone until a month before we left, as it is we have got 18 months of this emotional blackmail and overwhelming support (not).

Any words of wisdom to shut them all up would be great right now!!!

Thanx

Beth :cry: :? :cry:

Maybe its a hint of jealously with some of your relatives :roll: just a thought ,

regards,Lee

Guest Missiemo

Hi Lee

I think you have hit the nail on the head, we are having the same problems with certain members of our family, on both sides, what a shame, you would think they would be the first to be happy for you.

x

Guest Beki

Yep, what can I say, Er who's life is it?

If your Mum wasn't upset you'd wonder why not in a way.

Tell them about the great holidays they can have with you once you're there. All they'll need is the flight fare, that is if you want them to visit.

It is one of the hardest things to get your head round. Although I read somewhere, it takes more time to get round the M 25 on a Friday afternoon than it does to get back from Oz. Sort of put it into perspective in a strange kind of way for me. :?

Guest scoop

No words of wisdom I'm afraid :(

My mother has said she hopes she's dead before we go :shock:

Thanks for those supportive words :roll:

Guest stuckinblighty
No words of wisdom I'm afraid :(

My mother has said she hopes she's dead before we go :shock:

Thanks for those supportive words :roll:

CHARMIN !!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Guest stephanielouise981

Hell.. I thought my mother in law was bad!!! My Grandpa reckons he'll be dead before we get back for a visit, he also told my hubby off for 'taking his granddaughter to the other side of the world'... He has one daughter in Australia (my Mum) and two other daughters in New Zealand so it's no wonder he's a little sensitive.

I would be hurt if everyone wanted me to go but I do get a bit peed off when people aren't very supportive. As far as i'm concerned, this country is going to the dogs and I want to create a lovely life for my family.

Another rant from me - I think there's a pattern emerging.

Oh I did get out of my pj's today but I was back in them by 6pm.

Steph x

Guest wfourie

Woke up today ran downstairs logged on the PC read all my emails all new posts on 3 forums and then got breakfast for the family. Got to work to the usual discreet comments from colleagues in the know "any news?" whispered "not today maybe tomorrow" do they really think I would be in work if I had heard! Had to tell these guys as they sit with me and they were unimpressed that I spent at least 1/2 hour a day on tinternet reading forums, dead giveaway. Came home and guess what here I am again on the forum......I have decided to book myself into a clinic you know the type I believe Miss Moss spent a few weeks at the very same clinic some weeks back. It is confirmed I have an addiction to Australia and these forums. Do they not realise that they could save me from this addiction if they would only assign me a CO.

REJECTION DOES NOT BEAR THINKING ABOUT! at least I haven't got my mother hoping to die!

Bec

Guest stephanielouise981

Ha Bec,

I think I need to join you in the clinic... my favourites are expatforums, austimeline and now my new favourite pomsinoz. I did manage breakfast this morning before logging on but that was only because we were running late, but mainly because my hubby beat me to it to check his e-mails. So my first sentence to him was 'any e-mails from Andrea?' (she's our agent)... but no still no e-mails.

If I'm not on the forums I am looking at houses on realestate.com.au or cars on drive.com.au or carsales.com.au I am such a sad sack!!!

Oh well, at least I have to get out of pj's today - going to tai-bo class and then out with the girls this afternoon for the first time in 2 weeks - how slack is that, I normally see them 2-3 times a week but I've become a hermit, constantly checking e-mails to see if we have the big 'yes'.

AAARGH! I hate waiting.

Sorry, another long one from me

Steph x

Guest choobs
Hi Lee

I think you have hit the nail on the head, we are having the same problems with certain members of our family, on both sides, what a shame, you would think they would be the first to be happy for you.

x

Yeah, when we told my mum and dad, with the kids in the room, his response was 'Well, the reality is you'll never see us again'.

Okay then! That was positive!

Choobs

Guest choobs
Hi Lee

x

Yeah, when we told my mum and dad, with the kids in the room, his response was 'Well, the reality is you'll never see us again'.

Okay then! That was positive!

Choobs

Actually, you know what REALLY bothers me? I keep a blog of what's going on on http://oz.nelefa.org. On the front page there's a counter which says over 11 months since we kicked the thing off. It's also over a month until we'll be allocated a case officer. So, one year down the line and NO ONE IN OZ HAS EVEN LOOKED AT OUR FORMS YET :-/ That's what really gets to me.

On a positive note, though, I haven't read any posts from people who *didn't* get in.

Choobs

Guest stephanielouise981

I have only ever read ONE from someone who hasn't got in... it was his own fault, he hadn't provided all the forms that had been requested.

The thing is, we wouldn't have spent all this money if we didn't think we were going to get in. You have a good idea before you apply whether you're eligable or not.

Steph x

Archived