Cheaper Flights?

The Harbords

Guest Mongobear

Hi Sharon,

we have the same organization over here in Germany. Actually they are not really cheaper than other travel-agencies but they offer a much better baggage allowance. You are normally allowed to take "just" 20kg per person on a flight but when you book the flight over IOM then you are allowed to take 40 Kilos with you. But they only offer this for once per per person for one-way flights and also only if you can present a visa-grant for your destination. Hope this helps a bit.

Have a safe trip ;)

Uli

I got sick of looking for the location of the info on extra baggage allowance and just rang Singapore airlines instead and queried them. They have an extra baggage allowance of 40kg per person and all you have to do (other than fly with them) is send them you grant letter and your flight reservation number and they will re-issue your tickets to include the 40kg baggage allowance.

Hope it helps,

Harry.

Guest Mongobear
I got sick of looking for the location of the info on extra baggage allowance and just rang Singapore airlines instead and queried them. They have an extra baggage allowance of 40kg per person and all you have to do (other than fly with them) is send them you grant letter and your flight reservation number and they will re-issue your tickets to include the 40kg baggage allowance.

Hope it helps,

Harry.

Very good info. Thanks Harry !

Guest VickyMel

There is IOM in South Africa also.

Only seem to offer flights on Quantas/SAA through them in South Africa which makes them more expensive than some other options, but you do get the 40kg. Quantas charge a higher price for migration flights in RSA from what I could tell it bought the flight price back down to the price you could get on the internet with 25kg luggage.

Interesting point re Singapore - I will check that out - seems many airlines do allow you more baggage - our only problem is a feeder flight on a different airline where we would need to pay excess baggage.

Guest Drop Bear

Cathay Pacific also allow 40kg, if you provide evidence of your visa. Though you will have to pay for the excess on any feeder flight. E.g. they gave me 40kg from Heathrow, but I had to pay for the excess on the flight from Edinburgh to Heathrow. But this didn't cost much.

Guest AlandLucy

From: "UK_Feedback@Singaporeair.com.sg" <UK_Feedback@Singaporeair.com.sg>

Dear Lucy

Thank you for your email.

If the visa you hold states that the holder may " remain in Australia indefinitely" then you will be entitled to the 40kgs baggage allowance.

Kind regards Alastair

we booked our tickets with them last week :)

Guest 666dame

We flew with Singapore, and they allowed 40kg per person including children 2-17, subject to confirmation of unused permanent visa, with no limit on the number of suitcases (except no single hold luggage to be over 32kg).

I have flown previously with both Emirates and Quantas, and would say that Singapore comes out on top, they couldn’t do enough especially for the kids.

Dame

:cool:

We flew with Singapore, and they allowed 40kg per person including children 2-17, subject to confirmation of unused permanent visa, with no limit on the number of suitcases (except no single hold luggage to be over 32kg).

I have flown previously with both Emirates and Quantas, and would say that Singapore comes out on top, they couldn’t do enough especially for the kids.

Dame

:cool:

Hi.....I have heard a lot of positive comments regarding Singapore airlines.....

Thanks for your advice

Cheers

Sharon:biggrin:

Archived