TRA Help

Guest Scotschick

Guest Scotschick

Hi

Can anyone help. We are just about finished putting the info together for TRA but now I have started to panic about whether the info will be enough. Here is what we have put together so far:

Hubby has about 15 typewritten pages detailing all the work he has undertaken in the last 7 years as carpenter ie all the sites he has worked on what the job was and the specific process he undertook plus all tools used. He also has a 7 page statement from the company he is subcontracted to confirming all the sites and work undertaken plus tools plus start date, fact he is on price work, etc. He has also got an 8 page statement from his previous employer from a few years ago confirming all the sites he worked on over an 8 year period, type of work done and tools used and confirming employment dates, hours of work, etc.

He undertook 4 year formal apprenticeship so has copies of qualification certificates and course content for first 2 years of apprenticeship and registration card for completing apprenticeship after 4 years.

Sorry if it's a bit rambly but is this sufficient for them to make an assessment. Like I say the nearer we get to putting the information all together the more panicked I get and think do we have enough info.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Scotschick

Guest Missiemo

Hi

Thats sounds pretty much the same as we submitted, apart from hubby being a bricklayer, have you had the certtificates certified, that is most important, can not think of anything else but will email you if I do.

All the luck in the world

Missiemo

Guest Scotschick

Thanks for your help guys. Am getting certificates, passports, etc certified next week so hoping to send info off next Wednesday.

Just want to ask one more question.

Does the employer ref that was sent to TRA suffice for the visa application aswell or do we have to get another letter done for them. I have arranged to get 2 signed letters from each employer (with the same information) but not sure if we have to get another one.

Can anyone advise.

Thanks

Scotschick

Guest Pasty

Hi Scotschick

The same reference should suffice for both applications, we did this for hubbies application.

Jackie (Mrs Pasty)

Guest Missiemo

Hi Scotschick

The same reference should be fine, we used the same reference for both

All the very best luck

Missiemo

Guest lholmes

Hi Scotschick

Just make sure you either have the official letter headed copy for DIMIA or a certified copy.

Also note the date on the most recent reference and ensure it will not be out of date by the time you lodge your main DIMIA application e.g. 12/18 months or 3/4 years. If the reference is out of date, DIMIA will not accept the work experience.

Best of luck with your TRA application!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Scotschick

Hi Lauren

Just back from hols which explains delay in replying.

References will be dated May 2006 (when we eventually get them back) so will only be around 3 months old when we send the visa application away - assuming we get positive skills assessment of course. Had hoped to have it all done and dusted before we went off on holiday but obviously being a bit optimistic.

Thanks for your reply.

Scotschick

Archived