14yr old confused!!

Guest amandarichard

Guest amandarichard

im confused because i dont know ifi want to move 2 australia because i will have no friends there and what if people dont like me:no:

and do they have a prom in australia 4 schools....?:wacko:

Hiya, Hey i think everyone your age has the same worries. My boys are 15 and 13 and they are actually excited about going, my sons log in is Taipan (I think) you can always send him a PM for a chat if you like.

My niece had a prom when in Australia so it could be like here some schools do and some dont but I would think they all do.

There will always be someone that you will get on with and they are real socialble people and they may even think your english accent is cool!!

Please dont worry just think that you can have more outdoor fun with swimming pools and beaches etc.. My niece's birthday is in December so she now loves living in Australia as can now have garden/pool parties instead of being indoors!

As I say if you want PM my son and he will be happy to tell you what he thinks and what he liked about it when we visited.

:wubclub:

Hi,

Yes you have a ball when you leave school.

My daughter felt a bit the same way when we first spoke of Australia, she worried about making new friends etc., She's a little younger than you and will be 13 in February.

What I did (and you can ask your mum/dad to do this) was to contact the principle of the school she was going to and asked him to ask if there was anyone she could correspond with by email/msn prior to our arrival to try to put her mind at rest and to be able to ask about schools etc.

This was arranged and was really helpful - the girl she wrote to introduced her to other girls in her class and she chatted to them on msn and by the time she arrived she felt she knew one or two people. Ironically, whilst these girls are still 'mates' she has developed a little group of close friends just like she had in the UK.

It's a massive step for all your family, but think of it as an adventure - some of your mates will be able to vist you. My daughter also had a 'leaving party' which she loved, lots of photo's and happy memories

Ali

Hi,

What I did (and you can ask your mum/dad to do this) was to contact the principle of the school she was going to and asked him to ask if there was anyone she could correspond with by email/msn prior to our arrival to try to put her mind at rest and to be able to ask about schools etc.

What a great idea Ali, think Ile give that a go for my lot too - thanks for the idea!x

I was 10 when i moved here and remember when i started school the kids thought my Welsh accent was brilliant, they just wanted to chat to me just to hear me talk. You will be fine, Aussiie kids are very friendly :)

Archived