Where to stay in NT in the first days?

Guest MrRoozbahani

Guest MrRoozbahani

Dear friends,

I am planning to come to Northern Territory (NT) soon.Now I need

a place to stay for the fist week or weeks. but unfortunately, I have a

limited budget. I don't want to spend it for expensive hotels.

does anyone know any reasonable place to stay? or does NT

government have special accommodation services for new comers?

looking forward to hearing replies from you.

Regards,

Mohammad Reza Roozbahani

Guest siamsusie

Hi Mohammad,

You did actually message me personally, and I left you some details on backpacker accomodation.

Hope you found it ok.

Susie x

Guest The Pom Queen

We have stayed at the Freespirit Caravan Park, they have cabins and I know that they can do cheap accommodation if you stay for a few months, but you would need to email them for prices as the ones on their website are just tourist rates: http://www.darwinfreespiritresort.com.au/?gclid=CMbXh7ub5KgCFU4lpQod5XAXDA

There are quite a few backpackers accommodations in Darwin although if you are moving with children I probably wouldn't recommend them.

Guest Julz

We stayed in the Quest serviced apartments in Darwin's city centre for 2 weeks when we arrived. Great place to stay, serviced so cleaned every day, has washing machine, cooker, dish washer, fridge, etc. also right in the city centre to close to all amenities.

Guest MrRoozbahani

Hello Julz,

Thanks a lot for your post.

Could you tell me how much does it cost?

Waiting for your reply.

regards,

Mohammad Reza Roozbahani.

Guest Dinkytwinkle

Hi there,

If you are coming over to Darwin you should consider booking somewhere in the centre (CBD) for a few days, as you can access everything by bus, hire a car or get taxis easily from there. There are also shops, restaurants, bars and anything else you may need. It's a good place to get started and then when you have gotten used to the layout of the city you can begin looking for an apartment/house/shared flat in an area which is convenient for you.

Most of the backpacker accommodation is fairly cheap and will be adequate if you don't mind sharing with others. I recommend Dingo Moon Lodge, as you get breakfast and free laundry, and it's a lovely central place with a pool. You are coming at the peak time for backpackers (dry season) so book ahead to make sure you secure a place. There is also YHA Darwin, Chilli's and Frogshollow backpackers in the centre, prices in the dry season range from around $30 - $40 a night. They are all centred around Mitchell Street in the city. If you don't like sharing with others then a double room will cost around $80 per night in a hostel or cheap motel. There are also serviced apartments but I am unsure of the cost.

If you want to look for something more permanent you can look on gumtree or read the NT news (the local newspaper) accommodation section which I believe comes out on a Saturday. A typical house/flatshare will cost between $200 - $300 a week. Australia is expensive!

Good luck with your move! x

Guest MrRoozbahani

:biggrin:Dear Dinkywinkle,

Thank you so much for your useful post.

Regards,

Mohammad Reza Roozbahani.

Archived