oooh think ive done it wrong... advice please

Guest mitchellclr

Guest mitchellclr

Hello all... ok im quiet computor illeterate, so felt rather pleased with myself when i managed to find the site to apply for an ETA visa on-line.... filling the form in was surprisingly easy, so was making the payment of £24 for the processing... now my dilemma is this, within an hour i got an e-mail from this place, saying the chip on my passport now has my ETA details.... and that i do not need to get intouch with them! i then went on to realise its some office in australia that sent me the e-mail, does this sound above board? im desperatley worried that il get to the airport only to find i do not have a visa for entry.... any help will be very much appreciated...

clare :unsure:

Guest siamsusie
Hello all... ok im quiet computor illeterate, so felt rather pleased with myself when i managed to find the site to apply for an ETA visa on-line.... filling the form in was surprisingly easy, so was making the payment of £24 for the processing... now my dilemma is this, within an hour i got an e-mail from this place, saying the chip on my passport now has my ETA details.... and that i do not need to get intouch with them! i then went on to realise its some office in australia that sent me the e-mail, does this sound above board? im desperatley worried that il get to the airport only to find i do not have a visa for entry.... any help will be very much appreciated...

clare :unsure:

Clare,

I have never paid for an ETA visa, it has all been done on line with DIAC Hobart free of charge.

I actually completed one the other day for one of my sons. Within about 5/6 hrs (dependent time of day ) an acknowledgement comes through from DIAC giving you a TRN No. and Visa.

I dont know who you have dealt with but I would asking for your Visa details.

It is more than likely a genuine site, but just to let you know it is unnecessary to pay for this visa.

Susie x

Guest Guest31881

It sounds like you have wondered on to a migration agents site and paid them to submit your application. The email you have had back should have the details of who sent it to you.

Guest mitchellclr

We are pleased to confirm that we have processed your ETA request. Your ETA is automatically linked to your passport number. There is no need to carry a written confirmation with you when you travel.

Your ETA notification and Short Travel Guide to Australia are ready for you to download from the Client Area. Please read the ETA notification carefully as it sets out the validity period of your ETA and provides important details such as the permitted period of stay per visit.

<i>Please note that if you have an existing visa, this ETA request is not able to override that visa and your permitted period of stay will be based on the existing period available on your current visa. Please ensure you download your ETA notification to check whether this may apply in your case.</i>

Please follow these steps to download your documents:.....

im a bit concerned that they say i dont need to carry written confirmation... without this, i wont have proof that ive got the ETA... will i ?

not happy that ive paid for this service... but you live and learn...lol

Guest mitchellclr

sorry... i also meant to say that it was travel visa australia... that i applied to! :wacko:

Guest siamsusie
We are pleased to confirm that we have processed your ETA request. Your ETA is automatically linked to your passport number. There is no need to carry a written confirmation with you when you travel.

Your ETA notification and Short Travel Guide to Australia are ready for you to download from the Client Area. Please read the ETA notification carefully as it sets out the validity period of your ETA and provides important details such as the permitted period of stay per visit.

<i>Please note that if you have an existing visa, this ETA request is not able to override that visa and your permitted period of stay will be based on the existing period available on your current visa. Please ensure you download your ETA notification to check whether this may apply in your case.</i>

Please follow these steps to download your documents:.....

im a bit concerned that they say i dont need to carry written confirmation... without this, i wont have proof that ive got the ETA... will i ?

not happy that ive paid for this service... but you live and learn...lol

Prior to me receiving PR, I was always in and out of Australia on an ETA, I always carried proof of the issued Visa with me.

Your Visa will be visible for your Airline and Immigration to see only... Do ask to see a copy of the issued visa so you can carry it with you.

I wouldnt panic it will be genuine enough. Yes you live and learn unfortunately, but in the great scheme of things its on 24 pounds but it is annoying when you can get it for free.

Enjoy your flight.

Susie.x

Guest Guest31881
sorry... i also meant to say that it was travel visa australia... that i applied to! :wacko:

Yes you have paid an agent to get your visa for you. It is easily done, when I was looking for information about visas, I wondered onto a couple of agents without realising.

Guest mitchellclr

thankyou very much suzie... do you think i should apply for another one... just to be on the safe side?:skeptical:

Guest siamsusie
thankyou very much suzie... do you think i should apply for another one... just to be on the safe side?:skeptical:

No Clare, you will be on the system with DIAC and I wouldnt worry about it, as Colin has said you have gone through a Migration Agent..

All I would do is to ask for sight of your electronic visa.

Slightly off topic I had the same scenario with the US, so many Migration Agents were selling the new required American ESTA visas which are also free.

Susie xx

Archived