VIC State Sponsorship

Kellex

We had a confirmation email from VIC State sponsorship on the 1st April to say our application is now being processed (after my husband had to submit a more detailed CV) and could take up to 12 weeks!

We have received an email this morning to advise my husband now needs to get his skills assessed with TRA before they can process the application further, they will hold it open for 3 months.

We do have everything ready to send to TRA so that is not a problem but was just wondering if anyone else has come across this with VIC?

If he gets the ok from TRA is it likely we will recieve the sponsorship from VIC?

Any comments or advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Guest Rebecca78

Hi

My OH was asked to get his Victorian Institute of Teaching Registration and was given 3 months to get it. We emailed it back to them and received sponsorship 2 weeks later.

Hope this helps, good luck with the application.

Guest VickyMel

VIC don't normally require you to get the skills assessed before they make their decision (one of the few states that doesn't). Usually it is a positive move and is seen with a few occupations.

You might also like to check out this thread

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/99554-new-vic-smp-where-you-now.html

the first post has a list of people waiting - currently taking a lot longer for some occupations esp IT.

Don't be put off by many of the rejections - mainly in IT (they had loads of applications) and if you are being asked for your skills assessment as I say it sounds positive.

VickyMel

We had a confirmation email from VIC State sponsorship on the 1st April to say our application is now being processed (after my husband had to submit a more detailed CV) and could take up to 12 weeks!

We have received an email this morning to advise my husband now needs to get his skills assessed with TRA before they can process the application further, they will hold it open for 3 months.

We do have everything ready to send to TRA so that is not a problem but was just wondering if anyone else has come across this with VIC?

If he gets the ok from TRA is it likely we will recieve the sponsorship from VIC?

Any comments or advice would be appreciated

Thanks

We applied for Vic SS and at the same time submitted my husbands TRA as we knew the skills assessment would be needed at some point. We received the same email as you. Within 1 day of providing Vic with his positive skills assessment we'd received confirmation from Vic that we had sponsorship.

So based on our experience it sounds pretty positive! Good luck !

Archived