Advice appreciated

Guest thepod

Guest thepod

Hi,

We have just realised that out sons 5year UK passport expired on the 27th April 2011.....we are in the process of applying for our visa before the July deadline. Do we have to panic and get his passport renewed before applying (they request the passport no and issue/expiry date), does it need to be valid when applying for the visa? Any advice would be REALLY appreciated.

We have got state sponsorship and are one week into the 30 day window.

Many thanks

The pod

We too had a similar situation, we got SS in February and I realised that my son's passport was due to expire in May of this year. Our agent said that we didn't have to renew it before the expiry date that we would just have to give the relevant details when we did do it but with your son's passport actually being expired I would think that you would have to renew it before you submitted your visa application.

Are you using an agent?? if so I'm sure they will advise.

Good Luck

Guest thepod

Hi, thank you for the advice, we are with an agent and as you suggest we will check with them too. Have just been looking at the passport office website, looks like I'll be heading to London as soon as we can get an appointment...talk about a roller coaster of a ride, we didnt see this one coming!!

Good luck with you move and thank you again for the advice.

The pod

Guest vaskoka

Hi my wife passport was valid till May next year, and my agent asked her to apply for a new one before we lodge the visa, She told us that the passport must be valid at least two years on the day of the visa application

Archived