Ielts

biggaf

Hi Folks,

Are there any good revision sites on the web for this exam? Had an email yesterday confirming my test date on May 7th, which leaves not alot of time to revise!!

How hard is the test? Which bits should be revised for?

Guest Pixie10

I've just got my results on Thursday. I have to say I did do some revision- I sat the general test and I bought the revision book on the website when you book.

I found writing and listening hardest- reading is fine as all answers are there (just check out the 'not given' option!) speaking no problem for a native speaker, listening- is so easy at the start that you daydream and can miss 1! Writing- I would say practice- I did a letter and then essay on International Sporting events- do the host countries gain? Remember spelling, vocab, structure ie paragraphs, beginning, middle,end, and use connectives, openers etc.

I'm sure you will be fine- goodluck

Guest Pixie10

Yeah don't worry. For the listening you have the questions/answer sheet in front of you and you listen to a cd. Some of it is literally fill in the missing word, others have a bit more to them- you listen to someone booking tickets for a play for example and fill in how many tickets whats the price etc. Another one I had was someone explaining a map and key (in front of you)to other people. Its honestly fine.

For the reading its like a comprehension from school- read 2 pages of booklet and answer questions (random topics) there was about 3 pieces of writing to read but its all in a booklet and you can go through it as quick/slow as you like. (I had enough time to do it twice!)

Archived