creepy crawlies in NT

reddebz

Hiya,

Im very aware that the climate in NT is wet and dry seasons. We are moving to Darwin and I just wanted to know if the creepy crawlies are quite visible over there and if Im likely to have them in my house! Im petrified of spiders over here and Im worried about them aswell as snakes over there. I also have a 2 year old who is really curious about all the bugs in our garden at the moment, I have been telling him its ok to look at spiders but not to touch but its so hard trying to keep my fear away form him......:eek:

Not had much in the way of spiders,just the normal little house ones.Cockroaches have been bad this year as have cane toads.I think its because the wet season was so wet !!!

You do see snakes when you are out and about not heard of any inside houses though.

The only thing we have at the moment are hundreds of large dragonflies ( sign the dry season is here )They can get inside if you are not quick enough with the screen doors.

I echo what Janine has said. We use Mortein cockroach bates around the house and havent seen any in months. Flies and mozzies are a right pain and had bother with frogs coming up the toilet last year but nothing this year (so far). I haven't seen any wild snakes but have seen cane toads, huge butterflies and dragon flies, stick insects, large locust type things and loads of ghekos and lizards....we had a resident gheko in the house too named Gary which is good because they eat all the bugs. Ants can be a right pain but you can buy ant sand to get rid of them.

Archived