Average Cost of 20ft container?

Guest sunilisa

Guest sunilisa

We are moving to Brisbane in July had a quote from Crown Relo for 820cuft (sole use of 20ft container) quoted £4999.00 :eek: inc packing, unpacking etc. I think this is too steep so have asked for another quote by Anglo Pacific and John Mason.

What should the average figure range be for the above, just so I know....maybe Crown Relo is ok:goofy:

Any info would be appreciated.....looking forward to the move, all excited now.:biggrin:

sunilisa.x

Hi, the first alternative people you mention I would avoid. We used WHITE AND CO and paid 3500 plus quarentene. They were really excellent, I haggled the price down 9and Im crap at haggling, so if I can do it anyone can!). The other end twe had KENT REMOVALS (all organised by White and Co) they were actually even better.

The only complaints I could make were they bent a cheap IKEA chest of drawers (by putting something heavy on top) and a Guns N Roses CD went missing!!!!

I would honestly reccommend them to anyone tho.

Best of luck with your move. (we had quotes from CROWN and ANGLO PACIFIC too, Im not allowed to say anything derogatory on here for obvious reasons, but lets just say we were happy with our choice)

Guest Guest 47403

We've spoke to PSS and anglo pacific and they were both £4000 give or take a few ££ for sole use.

That didn't include insurance.

We are moving to Brisbane in July had a quote from Crown Relo for 820cuft (sole use of 20ft container) quoted £4999.00 :eek: inc packing, unpacking etc. I think this is too steep so have asked for another quote by Anglo Pacific and John Mason.

What should the average figure range be for the above, just so I know....maybe Crown Relo is ok:goofy:

Any info would be appreciated.....looking forward to the move, all excited now.:biggrin:

sunilisa.x

Crown quoted us £5k to Brisbane, sole use 20ft plus insurance, Pickfords said for the same price we needed to share a 40ft (no thanks :no:) and PSS and John Mason both quoted £4K for sole use 20ft, plus insurance.

Insurance quotes from http://www.insure-your-move.com/ and Ian.Harrison@lettonpercival.co.uk both come out at less than half removal companies for better insurance (mildew, sets etc included).

Crown are the only one that includes the AQIS fee (about $600)

P.S. at 820 cu ft you have at least another 200 cu ft to go.

Archived