Bringing your cars to Oz.....

Guest Sue1203

Guest Sue1203

Hi all

Just wondering if you can help...we are looking to bring our 2 cars with us to Perth and we are a bit confused with the documents that we have to put with it....to obtain the 100 points, we need to show that my oh has resigned from his job which isn't a problem because he is self employed and we just want to check that if we got a letter from his accountant to certify that he will be ceasing trading on certain date due to emigrating to Austrlia, will this suffice???

Also, in relation to cancelling our rental agreement, how do we show that we have done this? Would a letter from our landlord suffice??

Also, because we are now just waiting to hear about our visa, can we still send off the form? Our Agent advised that it should be any day now that we hear as we submitted the last piece of document to our Case officer just over 2 weeks ago.

So am I right in saying that because we are still in our home country (which is Ireland)that the documents we provide are as follows:

Completed application form

Application fee

Registration documents

Proof of purchase

Receipts of any work done?

Copy of passorts

Copy of drivers licence

Letter from accountant re. ceasing trading

Rental Cancellation Agreement

I also have emails from schools that I emailed off regarding schools for my children, could I put these in also? And also, we have emails from Australian banks about opening up australian accounts, do we need to put these in?

I am a bit confused because if you are still in your home country, how are you supposed to prove that you have a tax file number, medicare etc.

Can anybody confirm, that we need to provide any other documents in our application please and also since we are a family can we bring our 2 cars even though both of them are in my oh name???? We did ring Canberra on this and they advised that yes you can but still, I am a bit worried that 1 person says one thing and then you get someone else and they say another!!

Many thanks

Confused Sue :eek:

x

Hi all

Just wondering if you can help...we are looking to bring our 2 cars with us to Perth and we are a bit confused with the documents that we have to put with it....to obtain the 100 points, we need to show that my oh has resigned from his job which isn't a problem because he is self employed and we just want to check that if we got a letter from his accountant to certify that he will be ceasing trading on certain date due to emigrating to Austrlia, will this suffice???

Also, in relation to cancelling our rental agreement, how do we show that we have done this? Would a letter from our landlord suffice??

Also, because we are now just waiting to hear about our visa, can we still send off the form? Our Agent advised that it should be any day now that we hear as we submitted the last piece of document to our Case officer just over 2 weeks ago.

So am I right in saying that because we are still in our home country (which is Ireland)that the documents we provide are as follows:

Completed application form

Application fee

Registration documents

Proof of purchase

Receipts of any work done?

Copy of passorts

Copy of drivers licence

Letter from accountant re. ceasing trading

Rental Cancellation Agreement

I also have emails from schools that I emailed off regarding schools for my children, could I put these in also? And also, we have emails from Australian banks about opening up australian accounts, do we need to put these in?

I am a bit confused because if you are still in your home country, how are you supposed to prove that you have a tax file number, medicare etc.

Can anybody confirm, that we need to provide any other documents in our application please and also since we are a family can we bring our 2 cars even though both of them are in my oh name???? We did ring Canberra on this and they advised that yes you can but still, I am a bit worried that 1 person says one thing and then you get someone else and they say another!!

Many thanks

Confused Sue :eek:

x

On the car issue you can take any car you want providing you have owned it for 12mths or more, if you have owned it for less time you will get hammerd on tax, so depending on how much the car is worth you may be better buying a car in oz, there are some good threads on here about taking cars over to oz.

good luck

Archived