what do we do???

Guest amandarichard

Guest amandarichard

posted a thread yesterday asking about prison officers jobs for myself and class 2 lorry driving or working in mines as a labourer or dump trunk driving etc for oh. thought if found a job it would be fairly easy to move out there. what a fool!!! can someone point me in the right direction as i'm at a loss for first step to take to give my family a better life in oz.

my family;

me 34

oh 32

daniel 17 (not moving)

chantelle 14

georgia 12

tyla 9

mckenzie 16 month

:unsure:

Guest caroline

Hi,

If you want to look into what kinds of jobs there are available in the prison service check out hte Department of Corrective Services website. The link below is for the DCS in New South Wales - I shoud imagine that the laws and departments are different in each state, as with other government departments in australia. I don't work with DSC but have had a little experience of them through my work in disabilities:

New South Wales Department of Corrective Services, Australia

It's a starting point but I hope it helps!

Caroline

Guest lcys2460

Hi and welcome to PiO happy0066.gif

I can't help you with either of your professions I'm afraid, but searching online for jobs as Caroline has suggested is a good start. If your unsure about which visa/sponsorship route maybe? people do suggest contacting an agent who can give you a free assessment/advice.

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hello and welcome to Poms:wubclub:

What you need to establish first of all, is whether either of your occupations are on the MODL.....to check this you need to look at the official Aussie government website which is Department of Immigration and Citizenship. Only once you have identified that your occupation is listed, then you can decide whether you have enough 'points' to qualify for a skilled visa.

There are other visa options if you do not fulfil the criteria for a skilled visa.

The rules and regulations of Australian immigration are very, very complex and for that reason many people approach Agents in order to assess their eligibility. Once you know whether or not your occupation is in demand, then you can choose whether to make the visa application alone, or continue with an Agent.

Many agents will give you a free initial assessment.

Good luck.

Rachel:wubclub:

Hi Guys Dont Know About Rison Officers But We Know For A Fact That Australia Does Not Take In Any Knid Of Drivers.my Other Half Is An Excavator Operator Been For Over 20yrs He Had To Go In Under Drainer Which We Successfully Passed This Morning. There Are Some Mining Companies That Will Sponsor You In .i Will Get O/h To Pm You Some Of The Ones He Contacted Good Luck.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Amanda

When I first read your post I was a mite shocked, thinking, "Hubby is a prion officer who wants to send his Missus to work as a labourerr in the mines?????" :err:

Eventually got my head round it!

The ist of skilled occupations that Australia is looking for is here:

A-Z Occupations List - Australian Skills Recognition Information

As others have said, lateral thinking is sometimes needed with the list of jobs. I am wondering whethr "Rehabilitation Counsellor " might be close enough to assist a Prison Office, for example. I haven't a clue whether it would fit the bill but is the nearest thing I have found.

Keep twaling and ask some Registered Migration Agents, I suggest,

I've got a feeling that you would probably have to be an Australiann Citizen before you could work as a PO in Oz, so an employer-sponsored job for Hubby might be an easier route for your family.

Expect severe brainache trying to understnd the DIAC website. Jacobs Creek helps to get rid of the throbbing if taken in sufficient dosage!

Goos luck with it all.

Cheers

Gill

posted a thread yesterday asking about prison officers jobs for myself and class 2 lorry driving or working in mines as a labourer or dump trunk driving etc for oh. thought if found a job it would be fairly easy to move out there. what a fool!!! can someone point me in the right direction as i'm at a loss for first step to take to give my family a better life in oz.

my family;

me 34

oh 32

daniel 17 (not moving)

chantelle 14

georgia 12

tyla 9

mckenzie 16 month

:unsure:

Hi Guys,

You will also need to be aware that hubby won't be able to just change his driving license and drive class 2 lorries, he will need to be re-tested as in Australia there are 5 classes of HGV. My OH is currently saving his pennies as he is a Class 1 driver here and needs to re-test when we arrive.

Felicity:cute:

Archived