Where to start with the packing??

jomac

Hi All,

I am starting the long task of packing our possessions to take to Oz, but not really sure where to start! We are renting the place out here, so it's only going to be personal possessions that we will send over in Boxes.

What I need to know relates mainly to what is restricted and how others have packed their goods.

So .... what is not allowed into Oz? I have wooden picture frames and other wooden things - toys, ornaments. Don't think anything is authentic untreated stuff.

How about photos, papers and documents etc? Is there a special way of packing these to protect them from wet or any other type of damage?

How did people pack their clothes? I am hearing whispers about moisture absorbant silicon gel packs, are these worth it?

I am bubble wrapping all my breakables and packing them in polystyrene pieces. I am also using some used and spare boxes from when we last moved. Some are a bit dusty from being in the shed, but will the customs pull us up on dust/dirt????

Beginning to think I might be better to employ a professional packing company to take care of it all. I am still trawling through the difficult task of what to keep and chuck - I'm a bit of a hoarder!

Would welcome any advice or point me in the direction of similair thread already out there.

Cheers

Jo

So .... what is not allowed into Oz? I have wooden picture frames and other wooden things - toys, ornaments. Don't think anything is authentic untreated stuff.

How about photos, papers and documents etc? Is there a special way of packing these to protect them from wet or any other type of damage?

How did people pack their clothes? I am hearing whispers about moisture absorbant silicon gel packs, are these worth it?

We had the packers here yesterday and everything was wrapped in paper and then boxed. No special packaging, bubble wrap or gels.

The didn't bat an eyelid at any of our wooden stuff (picture frames, toys, ornaments included). :biggrin:

Guest joncaz
We had the packers here yesterday and everything was wrapped in paper and then boxed. No special packaging, bubble wrap or gels.

The didn't bat an eyelid at any of our wooden stuff (picture frames, toys, ornaments included). :biggrin:

Hi, What removal company did you use? as I am in the process of getting some quotes together. Thanks

Archived