Last remaining relative issues , Help please !!

Guest jojaks

Guest jojaks

OK

Our daughter is in Aus . This is the reason we are going ourselves.

She has been there 18months on a working holl visa (runs out in sept)

Our perm res visa is weeks away (he says hopefully) and the plan is to sponsor her in on last remaining rellie visa so we can all stay.

Issues !!!!

The biological Father is still alive , he is named on the birth cert but shortly after conception he disapeared never to be seen again. He has never had any contact or paid any kind of maintainace !

She has no other brothers or sisters or anyone else and complies to the conditions of the visa (i beleive)

Is this a problem and if so can it be overcome !!!

Not sure if anyone can help but all thoughts welcomed !!

Further more do we have to be onshore before we can commence the application ??

Cheers guys.

:biggrin:

OK

Our daughter is in Aus . This is the reason we are going ourselves.

She has been there 18months on a working holl visa (runs out in sept)

Our perm res visa is weeks away (he says hopefully) and the plan is to sponsor her in on last remaining rellie visa so we can all stay.

Issues !!!!

The biological Father is still alive , he is named on the birth cert but shortly after conception he disapeared never to be seen again. He has never had any contact or paid any kind of maintainace !

She has no other brothers or sisters or anyone else and complies to the conditions of the visa (i beleive)

Is this a problem and if so can it be overcome !!!

Not sure if anyone can help but all thoughts welcomed !!

Further more do we have to be onshore before we can commence the application ??

Cheers guys.

:biggrin:

Hi

I do know that DIAC are very strict about this and unfortunately if her father is still alive she does not qualify for the Remaining Relative visa even if she has had no contact with him. Unfair, I know, but those are the rules. You say he has 'disappeared' so do you know for certain he is still alive? If the case is not straightforward it might be best to consult an agent and maybe a family lawyer.

Also are you sure you will meet the requirements to act as sponsor for your daughter? You will need to be 'settled' in Australia - normally a period of

2 years, but can be less as they take into consideration job, house, being part of the community et cetera.

Have you checked out the information on the DIAC website:

Family - Visas & Immigration

I do know that the offshore version of this visa is now taking a long time to process (up to 3 years) but don't know about the onshore visa. Hope this works out for you.

Archived