Takin Tools 2 Oz

Guest afiyafifi

Guest afiyafifi

HI , MY OH WILL B TAKING HIS TOOL BOX OVER TO OZ AS HE IS A PANEL BEATER. THIS SOUNDS STUPID BUT WILL HE HAVE 2 CLEAN ALL HIS TOOLS B4 THEY GO .:spinny::unsure: ......... THANKS KAREN X

Guest kimdownie

Hi Karen,

A stupid time to reply but I cant sleep (too much on my mind). In answer to your question YES he will need to clean all his tools. Any traces of dirt, soil, grime or rust. We have just spent the last 2 weekends doing all ours. WHAT A BALL ACHE!!!, also make sure the tool boxes are clean. Apparently the Aus quarantine service hate our soil and sand with avengance and if they find any trace on anything they will un do all your goods and charge you a fortune to clean them. We found that good old WD40 did wonders.

Kim

• 1 month later...
Guest gezz peter

Hi, there I am A deisel fitter (HGV) I have a very large box i want to take over, It weighs just short of a ton, Do you know the best import company to deal with, Cheers peter.

Guest Morven33

We only found out about the 'everything having to be clean and free from dirt etc.' after our stuff had left for Australia so were really worried about what would happen when our stuff arrived here. Gary's tools had bits of rust, tool box had oil on it etc. etc. However we faced no charges for cleaning or anything although every one of our boxes had been opened. It might just be your donald duck but if I was doing it again, I would clean, clean, clean, just in case.

Archived