"It's the F.I.N.A.L Count down"

hellsbells712

Well !!!! with just over a week to go before we head off :arghh::chatterbox::arghh:, I feel there is still something major I should be doing........Surely I shouldn't be feeling this calm?????????????:err::err:

Getting suitcases out, starting to pack, travel docs nearly all ready to go, important papers for when we get there for all business stuff - Check !!, Removals company booked - Check !! - coming in Thursday/Friday next week, flying Sunday - Mothers day !!!, bank account opened - Check !!

Do I need to pack lots of sun lotion or is cheaper when you get there ?? Beach towels- here or there???, Anything I should take with me, any advice/tips????? Flying with Emirates business class so have 40 kilos each.

Brisbane here we come !!!!:jiggy::jiggy:

Guest Guest 47403

Your not hangng around since your visa grant lol!!

Good luck I know you've gone through hell with the nursing registration hope it's everything you want it to be.

Sounds like you are pretty much prepared.

How are you all sorted for when you arrive? I am assuming you have your accommodation sorted out along with a hire car. Do you have a sat nav you are bringing with you and if so are you able to download Australian maps? Otherwise make sure you get yourself a Street directory as soon as you get here, they are invaluable.

If you are carrying plenty of electronics in your baggage, ie phones, laptops, psp's, a ds etc, I would recommend that you pack yourself a couple of english powerboards. Extremely useful for when you arrive so that you only need one or two UK/Aus power adaptors as you can plug everything else into the powerboard. It is recommended that you have a 3 pin power adaptor due to the amount of power you will potentially be pulling through the powerboard (according to my dad :rolleyes:).

As for suntan lotion and towels, there are some good specials on here at the moment due to it now being Autumn so if you don't have room in your bags I wouldn't worry about it too much as you can pick up something over here.

Best of luck with it everything and if you need a helping hand when you get here shout out, I am sure that someone can assist, and if I am not traveling for work I am happy to help where I can.

Well, we'd actually booked our flights cos we were going on 457 originally. Was due to start work 9th May. So since the permanent visas came through we decided to stick to this date.. Getting very excited but just feel I'm forgetting something.

Booked into a hotel for 11 days having a nice holiday, then gotta frantically start looking for somewhere to live. That's the only thing that's nattering me, but we are not the first and I'm sure we won't be the last. lol

Guest BrightonBoys

We follow you a week later.... our house sale now completed, our possessions now at Southampton, the dogs go Monday.....

We will (hopefully) see you the other side. All the very best in this most wonderful awful scary exciting time we are putting ourselves through!!!

We follow you a week later.... our house sale now completed, our possessions now at Southampton, the dogs go Monday.....

We will (hopefully) see you the other side. All the very best in this most wonderful awful scary exciting time we are putting ourselves through!!!

Totally agree with ya. Don't know how I'm feeling at the minute really. Have had a few farewells this week and feels very surreal........ Think it will only hit me when we are sat n that plane. :biggrin::cool::cry::unsure::jiggy::biggrin:

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!! Have a fab flight. Are you stopping off on the way. We've got 2 little ones so going straight there. Just changing at Dubai - there for 3 hours.

Have you got somewhere to live ??

Guest BrightonBoys

We too are going straight there. Staying with the inlaws on Bribie Island, hopefully heading for Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast!

Those farewells are bloody tuff!!

Guest JK2510

Blooming heck. It sounds like your timeline from visa grant to flying out was the same as ours-3weeks!!!

Good luck with those farewells,I'm remember them so well!! It's really hard.

Guest Ellie Lee N Family

Hi Helen N Family

Its been a while since we have been on PomsInOz, and just came back online the other week. Just noticed you are moving here to Brisbane. Any questions please just fire away, as we moved here 3yrs ago without any contacts\family etc., Where abouts in BrisVegas are you staying\moving too Sunshine.gif

Hi Helen N Family

Its been a while since we have been on PomsInOz, and just came back online the other week. Just noticed you are moving here to Brisbane. Any questions please just fire away, as we moved here 3yrs ago without any contacts\family etc., Where abouts in BrisVegas are you staying\moving too Sunshine.gif

OMG, Well I was calm the other day but now panic is setting in....

So much to do but only 7 days to go. We fly Sunday, arrive Brisbane 5th and have booked into airport hotel cos we land just after midnight and don't fancy driving. Then we have booked into a hotel in Scarborough for 10 days, get over the journey and then find somewhere to live. Not sure whether we want to be sunshine or Gold coasts. Well we really want to be around Caloundra area but nursing jobs seem to be few and far between in this area. I don't mind commuting on the train up to 45 mins maybe push it to an hour. Jobs are tending to be in Brisbane or on Gold coast so sunshine coast may not be ideal at the moment.

It's not bothering me that I don't actually know anybody, I'm more bothered now that I have no address for us, for sorting all business stuff out, although we have used a finance company and we have a contact in Brisbane so we will just have to use him. We are the not the first and I'm sure we won't be the last people going through this and I think this is what is keeping me sane at the minute. This time next week we will be saying our goodbyes on the street. We have fantastic neighbours here so it may well be an emotional farewell. Exciting for us though. Just may well need to pick your brains in the coming week.

x Helen

Guest Taylor72
OMG, Well I was calm the other day but now panic is setting in....

So much to do but only 7 days to go. We fly Sunday, arrive Brisbane 5th and have booked into airport hotel cos we land just after midnight and don't fancy driving. Then we have booked into a hotel in Scarborough for 10 days, get over the journey and then find somewhere to live. Not sure whether we want to be sunshine or Gold coasts. Well we really want to be around Caloundra area but nursing jobs seem to be few and far between in this area. I don't mind commuting on the train up to 45 mins maybe push it to an hour. Jobs are tending to be in Brisbane or on Gold coast so sunshine coast may not be ideal at the moment.

It's not bothering me that I don't actually know anybody, I'm more bothered now that I have no address for us, for sorting all business stuff out, although we have used a finance company and we have a contact in Brisbane so we will just have to use him. We are the not the first and I'm sure we won't be the last people going through this and I think this is what is keeping me sane at the minute. This time next week we will be saying our goodbyes on the street. We have fantastic neighbours here so it may well be an emotional farewell. Exciting for us though. Just may well need to pick your brains in the coming week.

x Helen

Hi my Brissy bound pal :laugh::laugh:

Feel like ive known you forever and wish you all the best for your future life in oz. Like we said when we get over, have that vino on ice so we can catch up . And most importantly we want a reccie report, even if you have to take a neighbour hostage to use the internet:wink::wink:

Your such a positive organised person unlike me stress head 2011:wub:, you will have covered everything so dont worry and enjoy. Weve shared alot of ups and downs with this visa and nurse registration process but we got there in the end, and im glad i had you to stress to . And you in your relaxed words saying Annette dont worry it will sort it self out haha .

Well ice maiden will sign off before a shed a tear lol!!!! Have afantastic time and see you on the otherside .

Take care

Annette

ps think of me when your stretched out in first class of me cramped up in ecomomy hehe me jealous mmm hell yes !!! xx

Well 3 more days to go before take off...... Removals men here as I speak. Crazy. All I do is blink and things are packed. Still not real.

Just car hire to book now. Does anyone know the best car hire and cheapest near Brisbane airport. Will need a big enough car for about 7-8 suitcases. It's a bit too late now to be panicking BUT........I am....... What do I do for permanent address as ID. We don't have anywhere to live yet. Staying in a hotel for 11 days. Everything else sorted I think.

Archived