How long to rent?

Guest Wickes's

Guest Wickes's

We have just made a decision to bring our move forward by a year (coming on 461 visa for hubby as me and our boys 1 and 3 have NZ passports) so we are going to be over by the end of May. Now is a mad rush to organise everything and what to do. We are looking at possibly living in Baldivis area and was wondering how long it takes to rent a property. We will have to rent for a year or two until house prices rise in the UK. Can anyone advise how long we would have to stay in holiday accom until we could move into a rental property? First priority would be to find somehwere to live as dont want the expense of holiday rentals for too long!

Guest champagne pussycat

Hi Wickes

We rented holiday accomodation when we first got the Perth but it works out a lot more expensive than a long term. You can start renting long term or even short term non-holiday rentals by contacting an agent via their website email.

Our agent Impact Realty are really helpful and they talked us through the pros and cons of renting our own property out. Send them an email with all your questions on and they'll get back to you asap rentals@impactrealty.com.au

We live in Port Kennedy 200 metres from the beach but Impact have quite a few properties for rent in Baldivis too. Most of the suburbs round here are close to good schools, shops, train station, beach etc. but ask the agaent all these questions before renting. Baldivis is a large suburb so ask how far the property is from the shops etc.

Our house (ref:405101507 on realestate.com.au) is 8 minutes drive from the station (30 minute train ride in to Perth City $5 each way) 2 minutes drive to the shops and 2 minutes walk to the beach. Most properties around Rockingham are roughly the same distance to shops/train/schools its just the proximity to the beach that differs.

I would recommend renting for 6 months to start with to make sure you are in the right area and then drive around a lot to find an area that suits. Make sure you visit an area in the early evening and rush hour too to make sure you aren't moving in to a house on a busy road.

Good luck with the move and trust me, you never get bored with the blue sky, white beaches and turquoise sea.....its great.

ttfn

CP

Guest Wickes's

Thanks so much for your reply, will look up your estate agent. We are getting quotes on shipping containers this week so will know whether we are taking main furniture or just boxes by then which will help determine some things as well.

Getting excited now but nervous too, will feel alot better when hubby gets a job! But am thinking I will definately agree with you about not getting bored of the sun and beaches! Am from NZ myself and was brought up on the beach and am looking forward to giving my boys the same life!

Thanks again

Caroline

x

Archived