Not on skilled occupations list = no hope?!

Guest davet87

Guest davet87

Hi all!

I have been looking into the possibility of migrating to Australia for better opportunities and lifestyle.

I currently work in an office in the logistics industry and therefore am not on the SOL list. I am a university graduate with a batchelors degree but this is not in engineering and therefore I cannot migrate on that.

Has anyone else been in this situation?

I had thought about going over on a working holiday visa and maybe getting sponsored by an employer. As I understand that requires the role to be on the employer nominated sol list (ENSOL) which seem to have high salaries, i.e. jobs that would require alot of experience.

Has anyone gone out on a working holiday visa and gained a sponsorship?? Or am I doomed to the UK lifestyle unless I get a skill on the list!!

any help would be appriciated!

Dave

There are two levels of employer sponsorship. The temporary 457 visa, and the PR visa who's number I can never remember.

There are more jobs on the 457 list than on the PR list if I remember right.

The 457 doesn't necessarily require huge amounts of experience, you just have to have the correct qualifications for a job on the list, and the job has to meet the salary requirements for sponsorship. It is a temporary 4yr visa, during which time you might actually gain enough experience to apply for a PR visa provided you're working in an occupation on the PR list.

A WHV can be a stepping stone to a sponsored 457 or PR visa, provided you already have the qualifications needed.

Hi all!

I have been looking into the possibility of migrating to Australia for better opportunities and lifestyle.

I currently work in an office in the logistics industry and therefore am not on the SOL list. I am a university graduate with a batchelors degree but this is not in engineering and therefore I cannot migrate on that.

Has anyone else been in this situation?

I had thought about going over on a working holiday visa and maybe getting sponsored by an employer. As I understand that requires the role to be on the employer nominated sol list (ENSOL) which seem to have high salaries, i.e. jobs that would require alot of experience.

Has anyone gone out on a working holiday visa and gained a sponsorship?? Or am I doomed to the UK lifestyle unless I get a skill on the list!!

any help would be appriciated!

Dave

Run your case past a registered migration agent.

Archived