i1s time in Adelaie

Guest Matron

Guest Matron

Hello eveyone

We will haveone week in Adelaide on ou last legof our ozzy trip. We have no acc booked, no car and no dea we ebest places are. I am still trying to sort our our Brisbane trip so any advice on adelaide would be geeat.

x

Guest Matron
Hello eveyone

We will haveone week in Adelaide on ou last legof our ozzy trip. We have no acc booked, no car and no dea we ebest places are. I am still trying to sort our our Brisbane trip so any advice on adelaide would be geeat.

x

sorry the headin should be 1st time in Adelaide

Are you wanting to look around at different areas to live and see if it's somewhere you would like to move to? Or just do more of a tourist visit?

If the first then you should probably visit a few different areas to see what they are like. I'd suggest visiting areas like Glenelg, Malvern, Seaford, Aberfoyle Park, Modbury, Mt Barker, Athelstone, Woodville, Elizabeth, Kilburn, Stirling, Toorak Gardens, Blackwood, West Lakes and of course the city centre. This will give you a great overview of what different parts of Adelaide are like to live in. You could go by public transport, although having a car hired would be a big help.

Guest Matron
Try looking at the Stayz site, they have thousands of places to stay in, best of luck.

Hi

Its a 4 week holiday and also to give me a feel for the place! I have been thinking about working in OZ for a long time but its always better the devil you know situation!!

Ooo holiday. In that case, do some holiday stuff :biggrin:

In town, visit the Botanical Gardens and museum, both near each other. You can wander along the Torrens river a bit, have a drink and a bite to eat, watch the black swans mug people eating, hire a pedalo and so on. Perhaps take in a game of cricket at th Adelaide Oval (or Aussie rules depending on the time of year).

Take a trip out to a winery or two :D Do some reading as to which ones might appeal.

Visit Hanhdorf Hahndorf, South Australia

Perhaps drive up to the Adelaide Hills, see the view from Mount Lofty and visit a wildlife park or two. There are a couple around there. One you can do a walk all round the park, see turtles, kangaroos, koalas and other Aussie creatures.

Visit Glenelg (via tram is easy from the city), take a wander down Jetty road, eat amazing gelato in Moseley Square and then wander out to the beach and around the harbour there.

Nip down to Victor Harbour and see the fairy penguins (at dusk iirc) on Granite Island. Lovely walk round it in dayime plus Victor is a nice place to spend a day. About an hour drive from Adelaide.

Victor Harbor, South Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oooerrr I gave you all the really touristy things to do :D

Archived