Childcare Cost

MikeW

Hi,

I have SS176 Visa for Canberra and am looking into finances (currently in UK)...

We have 2 kids 6 & 9 year old.

My wife is looking to work part-time. Therefore child-care would mainly be in the school holidays and possibly after school.

Does anyone have any ideas how much childcare costs would be?

I have seen it mentioned that you get 50% back from the government if you are working\studying. Is this right and does it apply for Permanent Residence 176 visa?

Thanks,

Mike.

Guest shusselmann

Hi,

You'll find this article from the Care for Kids website useful: Out of school hours care They suggest the cost of outside school hours care is $15 - $18 per day.

The primary school your children attend might have an on site OOSH (out of school hours care) service or they will take children to a service closeby. As long as the service you use is an 'approved' service you should be eligible to receive 50% CCR (Child Care Rebate). You've probably read the CCR fact sheet.

All the best, Sarah

Guest Magnetic6

Hi

We live in NSW and my youngest child (4yrs) goes to pre-school when i'm at work. It costs $75/day and we receive a 50% rebate. We also have school aged children that use OOSH and it generally costs between $7-11 per session with the rebate.

Hope this helps and gives you a general idea.

Archived