Initial set up costs

Guest Guest 47403

Guest JK2510
My list has been pretty much covered but this is what I'm working off:

Car hire for a week

Short term let for 4 weeks

Car purchase (beginning to think buying new is the best option due to used car prices)

Car Insurance

Car rego

Rental bond and a couple of months rent.

Ambulance cover

Dental cover

Initial school fees and uniform

Pair of pay as you go mobiles

Internet dongle

And 3 months wages as back up.

Anything else to add??

Baz

We had carhire for one month.

We are planning to get a Mitsubishi outlander. Had a chat with the finance man at the local garage and they would need a payslip and a letter from

employer stating it's a fulltime permanant position. The helpful man said financers tend to stay clear of the word probation!! Lol

With a small deposit we were told it would not be no issue to gain credit.

We were looking at a used car but when you take into account the extra fees incurred we've decide to go for a brand new one on a drive away price.

Guest Guest 47403
We had carhire for one month.

We are planning to get a Mitsubishi outlander. Had a chat with the finance man at the local garage and they would need a payslip and a letter from

employer stating it's a fulltime permanant position. The helpful man said financers tend to stay clear of the word probation!! Lol

With a small deposit we were told it would not be no issue to gain credit.

We were looking at a used car but when you take into account the extra fees incurred we've decide to go for a brand new one on a drive away price.

Bit of a catch 22 for us we have no debt other than a mortgage in the UK and want to be the same in Oz but paying cash for a new car would take a sizable chunk out of our savings.

I nearly got an Outlander as a company car here last year but decided against it as it was above my allowance and I would have been paying extra a month but it was a 3 year contract and I would have had to settle the outstanding difference left on the contract when we leave, so decided to buy my current car off the lease company and take the monthly allowance so I wasn't tied into anything.

Archived