Sending money BACK from Oz

Guest trustworthy

Guest trustworthy

Hi, we're off next June, but we are very surprised at the apparent dearth of companies that let you regularly transfer money BACK to the UK. HiFx appears to be the only one, moneycorp don't do it at all (a regular payment plan anyway) and I can't believe that I can't link my NAB account with an account in the UK!

Anyone else in this situation? we have a loan that we will need to keep funding with regular payments so would like to hear from anyone in a similar position.

regards

The Wests

• 1 month later...
Guest The Jenners

Hi - I am in exactly the same position as you and use xetrade (via xe.com) to transfer the money each month. My Aus bank (St George) does allow international transfers but they charge more, the exchange rate isn't as good, and it takes longer!

I start off the xetrade 'trade' (you need to buy GBP and sell AUD) about 10 days before the money needs to be in my account and have found that it is usually in the right place about 5 days later, allowing for weekends.

Hope this helps!

Guest Rachel83

Hi All, just wondering how much these companies charge for transferring money? I've been paying off my overdraft in the UK from Oz via my Australian credit card only having to pay about $10 each time for paying in pounds. Are the companies mentioned really only for transferring large amounts of money? I normally pay about 150 pounds per month... I'm hopeless with all this financial melarkey!!

Guest The Jenners

Hellooo - xetrade don't charge commission but they do charge you for the wire transfer, the fees are listed here (under number 2 - Fees) XEtrade - FAQ

$10 sounds like a good deal, but obviously only if you're getting a decent exchange rate from the credit card company - they vary so much, unfortunately!

Hope this helps!!

Guest Rachel83

Hi thanks for that! Yes we get a different rate everytime we send money back! It is handy to do it via credit card though just over the phone it's easy and sorted quickly. i'll have a look into the other companies recommended though and see! :)

Archived