Insure your Move.com

Shaz36

Hi,

I am considering using Insure Your Move for shipping insurance as they are very competitive, and I have heard that a few members have used them.

Has anyone had to claim, or has anyone used the 60 days free storage that they offer?

Thanks

Shaz

Hi,

I am considering using Insure Your Move for shipping insurance as they are very competitive, and I have heard that a few members have used them.

Has anyone had to claim, or has anyone used the 60 days free storage that they offer?

Thanks

Shaz

We had a claim for 1 damaged item (ornament) and 1 missing part from our Dyson.

They paid out very quickly.

The ornament we couldn't replace but it was fixable and I said I could do it and they paid us some compensation.

Didn't use the storage...

Hope that helps

Howard

Guest destinationoz

Is this insurance instead of buying the relocation co's insurance? Crown quoted £1500 for this - I don't know why but I had assumed it was part of the relocation co costs!! So I guess it's better to get our own from somewhere like insure your move??

Guest Guest31881

Its like using a travel agent, they try to sell you their insurance, but you could get a better deal by shopping around. The same will go for the removal companies.:biggrin:

We used insure your move and had to make a reasonably substantial claim for breakages and missing items. As the figure was above the amount that they as an insurance company could approve we were referred to Royal Sun Alliance who underwrites the insurance. We dealt with the one person once it was transferred, it was dealt with very professionally and was paid out in less than 1 week. Highly recommend them as an insurance company.

With regards the 60 day storage, didn't use it so can't comment sorry.

We're using insure-your-move, I couldn't find anything very negative and they were very helpful. We'll wait and see, but we're happy:smile:

Guest rackcatt

Sorry to sound daft, but do i estimate myself how much my furniture is worth in the UK or OZ?

And also my shipping quote was £3,300 how much could i be looking at for the insurance cost ?

Guest destinationoz
Sorry to sound daft, but do i estimate myself how much my furniture is worth in the UK or OZ?

And also my shipping quote was £3,300 how much could i be looking at for the insurance cost ?

Sorry to be cheeky but is £3300 for a 20ft container - who is that from?

Hi.

Yes, you estimate how much you want to be covered for, so up to you how much you'd like back in the event something happens to anything.

The insurance cost is based on your estimate, not the shipping quote and is a percentage of your estimate. Crown charge around 3% I think, but insure your move charge around 1.5%.

Shaz

OK we might be acting stupid! as usual:confused:

But we're in Somerset and have a shared container 456 cubic feet and insure-your-move insurance

Whole lot £2,400 ..we'll take our chances!

Rach

Archived