New English Bull-terrier in Sidney

Guest soulfly

Guest soulfly

Hi all!

We are bringing Max (registration certificate no. X30718), born on 03

Oct 05 to Sidney in a few months time.

Most of his relatives were from Ireland and England and many were

champions.

We are interested in studding him out on arrival.

Could you please let me know of any web sites where people are

interested in this type of service? And what is the average price for

studding out an English Bull-terrier in Australia?

Looking forward to hear from you soon,

Kind regards

Look on council website for area that you want to live in Sydney. Not sure on the rules behind studding but believe breeders have to be registered. Also every owner has to register each dog they own and un-neutered dogs are a lot more. In my council area (Gosford) an neutered dog is $40 to register whereas a un-neutered is $150.

Guest chris955

Well done, they are one of my favourite dogs. One thing you have to remember though is Sydney has a Y not an i, that really upsets the locals. :wink:

Unless you are a registered breeder with the UK Kennel club, the dog is fully papered then you get registered with Dogs NSW you are unlikely to be able to stud him out for money.

If you are a fully registered breeder as Moving2Melbourne said DogzOnline is probably a good place to start.

I'd be wary of using a family pet as a stud dog (if he is the family pet) if it were me. Sometimes it can happen once a dog starts being used for stud they can become dominant/aggressive toward other male dogs and also tend to be much more interested in bitches when out (even if not in season) as in trying to mount them. They can also start marking their territory actually in the house. Of course they may well not, but this sort of thing can happen sometimes.

And while your dog comes from a good line, is he himself fully up to scratch breed/temperament/health wise. Tests done on the breed by many breeders would probably include hip score, eye tested and all the usual health tests to ensure he has no problems he could pass on in the gene pool. I don't mean to sound negative, just those are the sorts of questions I would be asking of a stud dog owner.

If I was looking to breed from a bitch I owned any prospective stud dog would had to have all the correct medical tests done and decent hip scores etc back on them before I'd consider the dog as being suitable. Of course, not all breeders do these tests or provide paperwork to show they have had them done. Some are just advertising in the yellow ads or Gumtree or some such and just hoping to make a few quid from their dog without any real interest/knowledge of breeding dogs and all it entails.

I foster for a dog rescue and see no end of dogs and pups bred by quick buck breeders, or people who thought it would be nice to let their bitch have a litter with no real thought for what they are doing and then cannot sell all the pups so hand them in to us. Or from puppy farms. Its all sad to see. So any time someone asks about breeding from their family pet I always try to at least explain some stuff. If you already know about it then :smile: If it helps someone else reading this to perhaps consider a few points then :smile: also.

:smile:

They are hot in Oz on breeders not registered as they really are trying to cut down on hoons breeding big strong dogs for profit with no care who they sell to.

Awwww I just looked on that DOL website and saw the rescue pages of their forum. So so sad so many dogs are facing being put to sleep. Just the one thread I opened and peeked at had two bull terriers in it needing to be saved :( Plus no end of x breeds, staffies and kelpie types.

Awwww I just looked on that DOL website and saw the rescue pages of their forum. So so sad so many dogs are facing being put to sleep. Just the one thread I opened and peeked at had two bull terriers in it needing to be saved :( Plus no end of x breeds, staffies and kelpie types.

Staffies are flooding the dogs homes in the UK due to chavs breeding them to sell to their chav mates....so sad, wish they would save the dogs and put the chavs down.

Staffies are flooding the dogs homes in the UK due to chavs breeding them to sell to their chav mates....so sad, wish they would save the dogs and put the chavs down.

Yeah. Our rescue has about 1/3rd staffies atm. They are so hard to rehome though. They have a bad rep and most of the people who want them are the ones who dump them in the first place :mad: and usually then go get another pup :arghh: Another 1/3 is collie or collie x breeds and the rest is a mix of other breeds and x breeds. We get lots from puppy farms and rescue no end from being PTS in the local pounds.

We have two staffies :smile:

Not all people that own them are bad I promise!....unfortunately the minority of idiot owners have ruined their reputation though for all us responsible dog owners! Such a lovely and misunderstood breed, they are generally a very friendly, loving breed. Luckily from what I have seen over here so far though most staffies I have seen are owned by "normal" people! My two are in quarantine at the mo and due out on the 20th March. Cant wait to get them home!

I know lots of Staffy owners are decent ones. Just a shame that the grotty ones are the ones who seem to be keeping rescues overflowing with them. And sad to say there are not so many people wanting to take the breed on from a rescue so often they are overlooked and then you get half a rescue's space taken with them. At one rescue a while back I saw 15 out of 20 dogs up for rehoming were staffies.

Guest Chinkerbell

You're so right Bobby......I was a co-ordinator for Scottisg=h Staffie Rescue for a lot of years and the problem will only get worse..........unfortunately, it is the same here! They are one of a few breeds being used and abused due to their popularity. Not the crazy little hard nuts that these idiots think they are :wacko:

I would discourage ANYONE from breeding their dog just because they think it would produce nice pups.........not a good enough reason when you have seen first hand what happens to the unwanted puppies!

Nkki

Archived