internet / dongles

Guest julie n

Guest julie n

Hi there i'm back on again asking my questions!!! we are due to fly ot 3 rd april to darwin just wondered if i bort a vodafone dongle (pay as you go ) for my laptop if it would work when i was in darwin and would i be able to get it credited again, when looking at the mobile phones in big w i see some are vodaphone supported that it why i said about vodaphone, please could someone advise. many thanks julie

Hi Julie

To be honest, if you haven't bought it already you might as well wait while you land and buy one over here to avoid any potential problems. I'd also be more inclined to get a Telstra dongle (better coverage, potentially faster speed as well). You should be able to pick up any of these dongles from a Telsta shop in Darwin. Prepaid (pay as you go) prices are here.

• 1 year later...
Guest toadstool75

Hello,

Is Telsta the most reliable mobile broadband dongle provider in Darwin? I know that they are relatively the most expensive but wonder when we arrive if it would not be worth risking an alternative provider.

Thanks

• 7 months later...

When I arrived I got a Telstra chip for my iPad and an Amaysim plan for my iPhone. When it came to renew I dropped Telstra and went with Amaysim on both devices. I have found it not only cheaper but a million times more reliable (not to mention the customer service doesn't cause a nosebleed from stress). If Amaysim has a dongle I would recommend that.

and no, haha, I am NOT an Amaysim employee.

Archived