Floods in darwin???

Guest julie n

Guest julie n

hI THERE CAN ANYONE JUST UPDATE ME, I AM CURRENTLY IN THE UK AND DUE TO FLY OUT TO DARWIN 3RD APRIL, THIS MORNING WE HAVE SEEN ON OUR LOCAL NEWS THAT DARWIN IS NOW FLOODED AND THE CROCS ARE SNATCHING SMALL DOGS FROM OFF THE STREET!!! COULD YOU ELABORATE ON WHEREABOUTS THIS ACTUALLY IS AND IS IT NEAR TO DARWIN CBD . IF NOT THEN HOW FAR IN MILES/KMS AWAY IS IT FROM THERE

MANY THANKKS A WORRIED NURSE READY TO MIGRATE WITH HER FAMILY!!!!!

If you log onto N.T news you will find its not that bad.Yes a few of the national parks are still closed and there are still a few roads closed.By the time you get here all will be right.

Yes crocs are on the move BUT only around waterways and the croc catchers are out and about.Cyclone Carlos has done some damage but most of it has already been cleaned up.

Today it has been clear blue skies and 32c.

PS. I live approx 20 mins from the hospital

Guest The Pom Queen

We spoke to someone the other day as her daughter was with her horses and the dam had been flooded, and they didn't realise the crocs had got in and as she went to wash her hands the croc jumped for her, a very lucky escape. At times like this it is just wise to keep your children away from water.

Janine is there and if anyone can reassure you then she can, just let her know where you are heading and she can let you know.

Kate

Guest julie n

hi there many thanks for that, is ist flooded where you are then?? and i presume you are in palmerston?? which are the parks that are closed is it lichfield park?? many thanks for the info

No floods near me.Yes Litchfield is still closed and the Botanic gardens..Rapid Creek and Humpty Doo,which are both only about 20 mins away have some flooding.Darwin CBD is fine.

If you are on about the 14yr old taken by a croc,that's approx 450 kms away.Darwin is like any other city,lush,green and clean and you rarely see nasties,its just making the news because of the aftermath of Cyclone Carlos.

Guest guest30038
No floods near me.Yes Litchfield is still closed and the Botanic gardens..Rapid Creek and Humpty Doo,which are both only about 20 mins away have some flooding.Darwin CBD is fine.

If you are on about the 14yr old taken by a croc,that's approx 450 kms away.Darwin is like any other city,lush,green and clean and you rarely see nasties,its just making the news because of the aftermath of Cyclone Carlos.

I sometimes wonder if certain members on PIO write the news for the Brit tabloids? :wink:

kev

Archived