driving instructors

fran2005red

Hi all, I have just qualified as a mental health nurse and my OH is a regisitered driving instructor and qualified to train people to become driving instructors. He also has a trade as a fabricator/welder but he hasnt worked in this position for 12 years as he changed occupation to driving instructor.

The thing is, when doing the online assessment there isnt anything that matches in the occupation drop down box.

Can anyone help with ideas what we should do?

also does anyone know how driving instructors fare in Oz?

any info would be appreciated :biggrin:

thanks in advance

Guest The Joker

Sorry - can't help but all I know is that we are in desperate need for good driving instructors here because the standard of driving is bloody awful.

Guest siamsusie
Hi all, I have just qualified as a mental health nurse and my OH is a regisitered driving instructor and qualified to train people to become driving instructors. He also has a trade as a fabricator/welder but he hasnt worked in this position for 12 years as he changed occupation to driving instructor.

The thing is, when doing the online assessment there isnt anything that matches in the occupation drop down box.

thanks in advance

Hi and welcome to PIO

You havent mentioned which state you would like to reside in.

For NSW you could perhaps contact Becoming a Driving Instructor - Infomation from ADTA

Driving instructor training - Government of South Australia

driving instructor jobs - JobisJob Australia

For WA

Driving instructor's licence

For VIC

http://www.transport.vic.gov.au/doi/internet/vehicles.nsf/headingpagesdisplay/driving+instructors

I have enclosed a few links for you to look at..

Maybe you could consider coming over on your nursing visa alone. This might well be worthwhile looking into and there are quite a few members here holding their mental nursing qualifications that could assist you.

Whichever way, best wishes and I hope it works out well for you.

Susie :wubclub:

• 2 weeks later...

thanks in advance

If you qualify for a visa and you have been living with your OH for at least a year then he can be listed on your visa application without having a matching occupation.

Guest robbieorrachel

Hello! My husband and I are in exactly the same position. I am a qualified fitness instructor but have also worked in admin most of my life. My hubbie is a qualified driving instructor (ADI) but also has experience building decking etc. We have also looked for these occupations on the list but cannot find them! Can anyone help? We have only just decided we'd like to move to Australia so this website is our first port of call. We would appreciate any tips and advice anyone could offer about making a move down under! Thanks.:biggrin:

Archived