Ringing DIAC

gaz n family

I checked with the state immigration department and confirmed that another Form1100 had been sent to DIAC last Thursday, however, as per my check with DIAC operator the new Form has yet been there.

I phoned the state immigration department again and was told that the DIAC operator might not be able to see the 1100 form and it need take time to get CO handle the case. I have no idea how to track it between the state immi department and DIAC.

jje, how do you go through with DIAC finally? did you keep checking with the operator the form being receieved well?

thanks a lot!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I checked with the state immigration department and confirmed that another Form1100 had been sent to DIAC last Thursday, however, as per my check with DIAC operator the new Form has yet been there.

I phoned the state immigration department again and was told that the DIAC operator might not be able to see the 1100 form and it need take time to get CO handle the case. I have no idea how to track it between the state immi department and DIAC.

jje, how do you go through with DIAC finally? did you keep checking with the operator the form being receieved well?

thanks a lot!

Hi yorkh,

I also called today to state to resent my form after feb10, he said he is gonna call to DIAC as well as my state site status has changed like they sent it today.......but no change on e-page i m also worried caz i am going to call diac on thursday.

so what the state said whn u called them again and what diac said what they require from u to do

hi sona,

unfortunately, the officer lady who I talked to didn't say she would do anything with DIAC, but just checked that they had sent the form out to DIAC and advised me to keep wait for update. I am upset how I could follow up with both the state and DIAC.

one of mates suggested me to upload the screenshot of the notification from state immi department in the documents, but I wonder how it could help the progress.

thanks a lot!

I was told that it takes DIAC 7-14 days to get around to reading the email from the states. Yes, that's 1-2 weeks.

Government bureaucracy at its finest!

I plan on calling DIAC again in a week to ask if they have the form 1100 yet. At that point I'll go back to Victoria if not, and get them to do whatever they can do.

I was told that it takes DIAC 7-14 days to get around to reading the email from the states. Yes, that's 1-2 weeks.

Government bureaucracy at its finest!

I plan on calling DIAC again in a week to ask if they have the form 1100 yet. At that point I'll go back to Victoria if not, and get them to do whatever they can do.

oh, that sounds pretty low efficiency, then you mean you cannot be sure that your form1100 has been accepted well yet, right?

as per my check, the state said even if the form has been delivered, it may be invisible to the DIAC operator, which supposedly hard for us to track where it's going

I don't believe DIAC will take that long time (7~14 days?) to deal with each case, coz we have seen some guys got granted with SS only one to two days after elodged, it doesn;t make any sense to spend long time to read the mail from state.

if i have missed you saying then sorry, but which state sponsored you? Smoe states send an email to the client when they dispatch the form 1100. Also the only time you will not get a responce from diac if you're using an agent is when sending an email. I tried and got told no, so phoned them.

hi, I got SS from SA and did receive the notification mail after dispatched, even though, I failed to get confirmation from DIAC operator of acceptance, and I am not using any agent in fact.

Guest MagsInCanberra
hi, I got SS from SA and did receive the notification mail after dispatched, even though, I failed to get confirmation from DIAC operator of acceptance, and I am not using any agent in fact.

Hi, just wondering is this another email that just said the 1100 was sent, seperate from the email saying that you got state sponsorship and a letter confirming it?

thanks

Guest MagsInCanberra
Hi, just wondering is this another email that just said the 1100 was sent, seperate from the email saying that you got state sponsorship and a letter confirming it?

thanks

ok, ignore the last post. my form 1100 has not yet been sent to DIAC as i didnt let ss that i had applied....im freaking out now, application went in Dec 8 so what does that mean, am i at the back of the queue??? what has happened with other ppl in this situation please....

I was in the same situation (read the start of this thread). I phoned DIAC just now and they confirmed my form 1100 had been received and that I would get a case officer any day now.

Yay \o/

I was in the same situation (read the start of this thread). I phoned DIAC just now and they confirmed my form 1100 had been received and that I would get a case officer any day now.

Yay \o/

hi jje,

how many days diac took after ur State resent them......

Oh dear.... I am so glad I rang DIAC about my form 1100. Apparently they received it the same day Queensland forwarded it on to them. But there is a discrepancy on the form again and was bounced back to Queensland again on the same day. (16th Feb) If I had not of rung I would be none the wiser and expecting a CO soon.

I just feel the lack of communication so uncomprehendable. So just waiting again to hear back form Queensland after emailing to find out whats going on.

What should be a fairly straight forward process is turning into a nightmare. I knew it was all going too well at the start last year...

Guest MagsInCanberra
Oh dear.... I am so glad I rang DIAC about my form 1100. Apparently they received it the same day Queensland forwarded it on to them. But there is a discrepancy on the form again and was bounced back to Queensland again on the same day. (16th Feb) If I had not of rung I would be none the wiser and expecting a CO soon.

I just feel the lack of communication so uncomprehendable. So just waiting again to hear back form Queensland after emailing to find out whats going on.

What should be a fairly straight forward process is turning into a nightmare. I knew it was all going too well at the start last year...

yes, i totally agree. Nothing in the system lets you know you are missing something. It was my fault as i didnt notify the state that i had put in the application but i did upload the letter from the state and quoted the ref no in the application. Because of these i didnt even think once in the last nearly 3 mths that i was missing anything, meds and police certs have already been loaded and ive been waiting the last few weeks thinking something was about to happen aaaarrrrggggghhhh:arghh:

anyway the state just sent the 1100, is it electronic? thanks and i hope you get it sorted soon!

Yay \o/

Congrats. jje, I am going to call DIAC one more time and a little worried about the check result, as per the state reply it doesn't mean a problem even if the operator fail to find the form. I sent PLE on the case but no any response yet.:no:

Just finished my call and got confirmed that the Form has been received, now I am in the queue of group 2 waiting for case officer assignment. Thanks God. :)

Just finished my call and got confirmed that the Form has been received, now I am in the queue of group 2 waiting for case officer assignment. Thanks God. :)

Congrats!

hi jje,

how many days diac took after ur State resent them......

Less than a week, they said they received it on the 21st, and Victoria sent it on the 16th.

Guest Phillips family
I am sitting here reading the threads watching some around the same time as us getting Case Officers, but also reading some who have had issues with their Form 1100's not being received by DIAC.

So i am contemplating giving them a ring tonight to check they have received our Form 1100.

What number do you ring?

Hi Gaz this happened to us - so I sent an e-mail Sunday night (just gone) to South Australia immigration, who on Monday confirmed they sent the form 1100 to the DIAC 2 days after us lodging. So I forwarded this e-mail to our CO. I then went on DIAC website to see if it had been changed and it has been changed to "met".

Trudy

Hi Gaz this happened to us - so I sent an e-mail Sunday night (just gone) to South Australia immigration, who on Monday confirmed they sent the form 1100 to the DIAC 2 days after us lodging. So I forwarded this e-mail to our CO. I then went on DIAC website to see if it had been changed and it has been changed to "met".

Trudy

My online status still says "required" for that, although the phone operator I spoke to said it was definitely there.

I really don't trust the online status at all, especially since some people have had grants and it still said "processing commenced" for them!

hi i called diac today there was very nice lady confirmed me that 1100 just arrived yesterday it has tagged to my file and i m deff. cat 2 n she lso told me tht i m going to hear my co in next 4-6 weeks...................

hi philips as u said abou 1100 did u have ur co before n then u found tht about ur 1100..............how did u gt co without confirmation tht u r cat 2..........

Guest Violet S

I tried to call DIAC just now, but it took me more than 10 minutes to listen to the pre-recorded info and still didn't manage to speak to the operator. Got to try it again tomorrow.

Anyone know when is the best time to call them?

Thanks.

Violet

Guest Violet S

Nothing from my site yet. I did notice that mostly 176 being granted with CO, less for 475. Wonder why? Any CO here? Can help to clarify our questions. At least, ease our worries. We won't shot the messenger. hehe..:wink:

Guest Violet S

Hi,

Just a little update.

I rang DIAC yesterday after holding for more than 20 minutes. The operator told me that my Form 1100 was not there and asked me to get the SS to send it, then, only they will process my application within few weeks time.

So, for those who is under SS, please make sure your Form 1100 is IN the DIAC. Or else, we will be sitting here like a dumb duck for nothing.

All the best.

Cheers,

Violet

Good to hear violet that atleast u came to know what was the prob. I guess i shud also ring up DIAC as i think its foolish to wait for a revert 4m the agent. Its been so long and also pls let me know ur progress and SS revert on form 1100. thanks

Archived