My husband has been eaten alive...

Guest roaminnomore

Tried that and every quick fix going but still got bit to death, some people will always get bit no matter what they do,:embarrassed:

That was me for 30 years of living in WA, for the past 5 years I have had a berocca every morning and I don't suffer any more, I get the odd bite but they don't swell or itch like they used to. Takes about 5 weeks for the vitamins to build up in your system, it worked for me, :smile:

Be aware that DEET is a very effective insect repellant, however it can have long term side-effects if used continuously (also the stuff melts plastic, so don't wear with artificial fibres - it's ruined one of my good rain-jackets in the past). I've found that most places in Australia (except perhaps FNQ), the less corrosive deet-free stuff works fine provided I've remembered to put it on (like sunscreen, remember to re-apply when you've been for a swim).

I swear by Avon skin so soft too but that's on brittish bugs and the best treatment by far is ice cubes. Just rub an ice cube on it until it goes numb and it takes the heat and swelling down and stops the itching for hours.

Archived