Saturday Working

Guest cazb

Hi All

OH has good job offer in Brisbane although they are wanting him to work Saturdays - this has put him off the position altogether. :arghh:

Does anyone know if Oz employers, in general expect Saturday hours to be put in? I'm guessing that this may be the case in his line of work - construction, project amnagement etc

Look forward to hearing your experiences

Cazb

Guest JoanneHattersley
Hi All

OH has good job offer in Brisbane although they are wanting him to work Saturdays - this has put him off the position altogether. :arghh:

Does anyone know if Oz employers, in general expect Saturday hours to be put in? I'm guessing that this may be the case in his line of work - construction, project amnagement etc

Cazb

Hi CazB

Oh is a bus driver and i am a nurse. we both work EVERY weekend and have thursday/fridays off together each week. Bonuses are that things like cinema are cheaper. Also you can do more during the week with less people around!

Guest Sexy Welsh Aussie Bird
Hi All

Cazb

Hi cazb,

My hubby works a 7 day fortnight, Week 1 is Mon to Thurs and Week 2 is Wed to Fri, all are 7am till 7pm but when we first arrived he worked for a few agencies and worked all the hours!!! He even did fly in fly outs as he is a maintenance fitter! Money was good but you cant get a morgage if you work for an agency. We were lucky, he got wind of this job through a friend of the family, but saying that he only got the job on his merit ( just got help with the first step into the company - its always who you know ) and qualifications, the Aussies are soooo impressed with certificates etc!!! Good luck with your move!

Sian xxxxxx

Archived